Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fire damage mods?

Aggh

I've seen one of them drop in the last two weeks or so, did something happen? Used to get them pretty regulalry when I first started out. Kind of annoying since they'd be helpful on eris now and I already sold off all the ones I had before because of how much of a joke infested were back then.

Edited by Aggh

They are rarer than other elemental mod types. If your mod hunting i suggest finding a reasonable lv defense mission, infested works best in my opinion. You get lots of targets at one place, so a good chance of dropping mods. I've had several runs of jupiter defense missions dropping up to 15 mods per mission. Also helps increase credit gain by selling extra mods. Plus thats where i got my melee flame mods :) good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Yeh so far for me theres only been low level fire drops, oddly enough i've been getting them more after update 6! Best one i got is a +8% fire mod for melee. I'd like to see a lvl30 Mod with +25%...imagine the savings on our energy bill!

I have 2 fire mods +25% for melee.

It looks awesome! Dropped on Xini.

Edited by Kliko

I have encountered exactly 1 such mod in all my time playing, thankfully it was a pretty decent ~22% melee one. I can't really see why these should be rarer than other mod types though. Electricity mods are about as useful against Corpus as fire is against Infested and both are about the same against Grineer. Why should fire mods be so rare then?

I have encountered exactly 1 such mod in all my time playing, thankfully it was a pretty decent ~22% melee one. I can't really see why these should be rarer than other mod types though. Electricity mods are about as useful against Corpus as fire is against Infested and both are about the same against Grineer. Why should fire mods be so rare then?

Cuz infested are harder to kill? lol

I have a pair of fire mods on my heat sword, only two I've ever found, adding around 8-10% each (can't remember exactly atm). Really wish I could find more and that they existed for guns too so I could kit out a ranged weapon for better infested killing.

They exist for ranged weapons.

I have exactly 1 fire mod for my pistol and 1 for my melee. Both are really low level and both are useless. Oh and another question. When i put the fire mod (3.5% fire damage or something, lol) on my Fragor and used an AOE ground pound, it visually set all the enemies in range on fire, but didn't seem to do any actual DoT. Was the mod just too weak? Or is the fire damage directly related to damage from the weapon (i.e. charged hit fire damage > normal hit fire damage)? Also how long does fire actually last on an enemy, and does it prevent shields from regenerating on bosses?