The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Sentinel Is Best For Crowd-Control?

Lucilius

Question

Ok, so I am starting a new "Sentinel" thread.

I just want to know which Sentinel is best for crowd-control.

I just ran a mission wherein a mob of Corpus was literally just outside the room where you drop the vent-cover. They were so near that the vent-cover hitting the floor should have alerted them.

An enemy got in the doorway and I shot it, and promptly alerted EVERYBODY of my presence. Corpus walkers started pouring out of the walls and there was no cover in sight. And lookie-there a BIG CORPUS DUDE just threw a shielder-flyer thing into the air. And as a happy surprise one of the Corpus freaks locked me in.

Great. Promptly slash-dashed until I ran out of energy and died. 

Revived and slashed-dashed again and survived.

Whew.

In that kind of situation, a SHADE would have saved my sorry dab-gray butt-cheeks by cloaking me. But if I either had a WYRM or a DETHCUBE, which would have dispatched said enemies the fastest and saved my life?

Edited by Lucilius

5 answers to this question

What would have REALLY saved you is if you had used radial blind instead... :P

But really it depends on how well modded the Dethcube's weapon is. It's ludicrously powerful for a sentinel weapon. That, and if crowd dispersion triggers at an actually useful time (which has never been the case for me...).

Edited by Gemzo

In that kind of situation, a SHADE would have saved my sorry dab-gray butt-cheeks by cloaking me. But if I either had a WYRM or a DETHCUBE, which would have dispatched said enemies the fastest and saved my life?

Your statement may not apply to the higher levels, especially when skull-modified :)

My general advice is: try to get all (prob Dethcube/shade first), then try them out and make decisions that suits your own style.

But if you are just asking for how OTHER people feel, to get hints at what you may want to get first,  this is my version:

Shade is a live-saver at higher levels. But I take Dethcube to make not-so-life-threatening missions laz... I mean easier.

As for Wyrm... well it has a nice twisting &#!, so you can build it when you have enough resources.

And Crowd-Kill is a form of Crowd control too :)

Edited by smithf