Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts On The Gorgon?

Darayas

Hello. I got a Gorgon blueprint the other day from the login rewards and I'm wondering if I should built it and give it a shot (pun intended).

I'm using a Boltor currently, paired with a Kunai and an Orthos, but I quite like the aesthetic of the Gorgon and the fact that it's quite a big f**king gun. I'm aware of its shortcomings and the fact that it doesn't have any innate armour ignoring/piercing capabilities, but I've got my Kunai to take out heavy targets like Ancients and the like.

I'd appreciate your opinions and evaluations on this gun - do you think it is viable? What mods would you put on it? etc

This gun is quite viable, used to be my favorite. You can never go wrong with serration, armor pen, multi-shot, and speed trigger (if you want to spool faster).

Ah, but there is a gun that is much like it for Mastery 7. A Corpus gun known as the Supra behaves much like this weapon. It has a faster spool of reaching max fire rate and higher damage, but has slow bullet travel and 0 crit chance (not that it mattered on Gorgon) compared to its Grineer counterpart. If you don't mind the bullet travel on the Supra, it outshines the Gorgon.

Edited by RibbonRobbin

Armour piercing isn't such a big advantage as to worry about it really.
I would potato and forma it 5 times and use the max of the following mods:

Serration
Split Chamber
Metal Auger
Hellfire (switch to electric damage for corpus)
New ammo convert mod
Speed Trigger
Wildfire
Cryo Rounds

Thats my personal preferance for most rifles.

Edited by DanPaul7

I personally hate it because it takes too long to ramp up, the recoil is really high, and the spread is laughable. That doesn't mean it can't be effective, I just don't like how it handles. Ironically I feel like the Supra outclasses it despite the bullet travel time because I have trouble hitting anything past short range with the Gorgon anyway.