The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Questions About Getting New Warframe And Equipment

RedPharaoh0817

Question

new guy here and just started the game a few days ago and i'm really hooked.

i'm still at my starting equipments (except cronus) and is starting to think of changing my equips, from primary, secondary and melee. but the thing when i look up on suggestions here at the forums, most of the items are still way beyond my reach like latron prime, etc...

so i was wondering if you guys could suggest any good, new and affordable/achievable equips that is a blend of versatility, damage and effectiveness for me to farm on...

and aside from that, i started with a loki frame and is finding its lack of damage too troublesome, any suggestions on the most "versatile" frame for newbs like me? semi damage and crowd controller? and please no answers like "it depends really" (hehe)

thanks for any suggestions! ^^

8 answers to this question

frame: if you don't like loki due to lack of dmg abilities, the easiest frame to get which does have those is Rhino, mobile tank.

drops from Jackal on Fossa - Venus

as for weapons:

melee: orthos. cheap, relatively fast, hits pretty good and has very good reach. bp can be bought from the market after reaching mastery rank 2.

if you want a new melee fast, dual ether blades are a pretty decent choice

side-arm: if you want a side-arm right away, aklato is an option, damage is meh but it's cheap and fire-rate is pretty decent.

if you're willing to spend a bit more time on resource farming, kunai or hikou is a very good choice.

kunai hits quite nicely whilst hikou has a bigger clip. both are throwing weapons with travel time, so it's a bit tricky to get used to.

primary: if you're still using the braton mk-1, swap to the braton (normal). it's more accurate, so it's easier to put 3-5 round bursts on enemies. since it has little recoil you can fire bursts pretty quickly.

for later upgrade the boltor can be a good choice. it's a bolt-firing assault rifle with mediocre accuracy, but it's viable for pretty long if you pimp (upgrade) it a bit. it does require rank 2, however.

I advise, however, to just try weapons out. see which ones you like.

Edited by Alighierian

When you do get Cronus, switch it out with your skana. It is temporarily more reliable.

Use invisibility as much as needed, saves your life, your friend's life and your dog's life. Plus it adds melee damage so a good melee in general is good for Loki.

You can switch your braton for the Mk1 braton. It proved its worth in early gameplay.

Otherwise just fight on and you will get everything you need with time!

Go to Venus, get to the mission called Fossa, and farm the Jackal(Boss) for Rhino Chassis, Helmet and Systems Blueprints. For versatile weapons, get the Braton, it is a direct upgrade to your current gun. You can also farm for Kunai, the materials needed to craft it are relatively easy to get and are located at low level Planets. After you get the Rhino component Blueprints, you will need a Control Module, which is located in high level planets like Europa and Neptune. You should level up your Kunai and Braton well, before taking on Hyena(Neptune Boss@Psamathe) to try your luck for the control module. By this time, you should already be Mastery level 2, so you will be able to craft Rhino. The current Rhino is both versatile and newbie friendly, with skills for many situations. Hope this helps!