Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Ideas - What New Arsenal Would We Want?

Asphyxiationism

People like myself who have been playing Warframe for 100+ hours have surely been using a lot of weapons during their gaming experience. Just like all of the other shooters out there we have the standard; Assault rifles, Sniper rifles, shotguns, pistols and so forth. However, this is where I start to cringe when there are new weapons releases.

The last few ones have been prime weapons (I do not blame them, there was a huge need for new primed weapons.) as well as the Vasto. However, I feel that many of the guns are very similar, the same with the melee options. The kogake was a huge hit for me due to how original it would be. It's good to have a lot of options when choosing your re-skinned weapons, perhaps you prefer the higher rate of fire from the Grataka over the Braton, that is fine and dandy... But do we not have enough assault rifles, pistols and throwing secondaries? Do we not have enough dual swords, heavy weapons and daggers? Instead of 10 new re-skinned weapons, give us 3 new unique ones. To me the Kogake, the Vasto (Technically a re-skin, better then a new automatic pistol at least.), Spectra, Flux rifle (I hate it, good damage an all but it's preferred over a Braton or any of it's re-skinned brothers.), Torid are all more interesting, unique weapons and have much more of a higher quality. 

I'm curious, what would you guys like to see in the future when it comes to weapons? I myself have a few ideas..

Primary: Arc rifle ( Basically the electrical version of the Ignis, the same wind up mechanism as the Ogris but fires off an electrical charge that jumps from enemy to enemy.) 

Secondary: Some kind of grenade (Yes, not very ninja but remember that we got the Ogris.)

Melee: Nun-chucks or Tensen (I don't understand why these have not yet been added, the nun-chucks are a obvious choice for this game. (The Tensen is a Japanse combat fan.))

So far these have been seen in the comment section of either the Wiki or in the Forums;

A yo-yo blade weapon. (Quite unique, throw-able return weapon much like the Glaive or Kestrel.)

Javelin's ( Would be a nice thing to have, another throw-able weapon, slow attack speed but high base damage maybe?)

The Grineer Lancer Shield (Sacrificing a primary or secondary for a great defense, perhaps?) 

Veidgrim's Energyshield ( Named after the idea creator, this shield would be very much like the Grineer Lancer shield. For details look at his comment below, it will be hard to miss! )

Claws (Because we want to have the chance to be wanna-be wolverines! Cool idea tho', commentator ;D)

Crossbows (Stronger base damage than the Bows perhaps, however has a slow reload speed?)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep in mind that this post is to provide weapon ideas! Not to argue whether the dev's will do it, can or can't!!!

So far you've guys have provided much better weapon ideas then I've seen the dev's provide in the last updates. Keep hitting me with ideas for weapons whether they be offensive or defensive. I'll add more of the unique ideas from the comments and put them up here, hopefully one of the dev's sees this and think one or more of the weapon ideas are good! Keep on providing! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Another issue I had was that there are hardly any Tenno weapons in comparison to Grineer weapons available, which makes no sense at all. What I want to see them do is only make Tenno weapons available until you master a weapon, then you get the other race's weapons of that "type" unlocked. For example, say you max the Braton, then the Grakata is unlocked. This would make the market less of a clusterfuck for new players, and would give more progression to the game imo. Combining this with the mastery rank requirement for more unique weapons would make this game a lot more clean and sensible, rather than a bunch of skins of the same exact weapon with slight stat changes (I'm looking at you machete and grakata)."

- ProjectRay12

Edited by Asphyxiationism

I'm sure DE has some new weapon ideas in mind, you just need to remember that creating a new pistol, just adjusting the fire rate, damage, etc, is easy. They basically just need the model, textures and to code it into the game.
To create a new weapon with entirely new animations, a different way to deal damage, a different function, etc, takes 10 times more time.
It's not the kind of weapon they can release on update 10 and give us 50 new unique weapons with fantastic features, it's the kind of weapon that they work on in the background of an update, and is the special feature of an update or the prize of an event.

Not to mention balancing issues, to add something like javelins, it'd have to work like the bows, essentially, but considering a javelin is larger, it would fly less, with a bigger arc and higher damage. But an accessible weapon with that high damage in early game would be too OP, so they'd need to make it a high mastery level and many people would complain.

Spewing ideas is fine and easy, I'm just saying, take into consideration the work that is necessary to apply these ideas to the game and the repercussions it'll have with all players. Because that's what DE has to do when they're adding a new weapon, and you've gotta understand what they go through to give truly insightful opinions.

I think you meant Tessen (folding iron fan with possibly razored edges) or Dansen Uchiwa (large steel edged wooden fan).

A gunsen is just a normal fan. :/

And I share Gregio's stance on 'new' weapons.

That said, I'd love to get a 'heavy' pulse weapon, like Dead Space's Plasma Cutter, rather than the 'rapid' Tau Pulse Rifle of Dera.

I'm sure DE has some new weapon ideas in mind, you just need to remember that creating a new pistol, just adjusting the fire rate, damage, etc, is easy. They basically just need the model, textures and to code it into the game.

To create a new weapon with entirely new animations, a different way to deal damage, a different function, etc, takes 10 times more time.

It's not the kind of weapon they can release on update 10 and give us 50 new unique weapons with fantastic features, it's the kind of weapon that they work on in the background of an update, and is the special feature of an update or the prize of an event.

Not to mention balancing issues, to add something like javelins, it'd have to work like the bows, essentially, but considering a javelin is larger, it would fly less, with a bigger arc and higher damage. But an accessible weapon with that high damage in early game would be too OP, so they'd need to make it a high mastery level and many people would complain.

Spewing ideas is fine and easy, I'm just saying, take into consideration the work that is necessary to apply these ideas to the game and the repercussions it'll have with all players. Because that's what DE has to do when they're adding a new weapon, and you've gotta understand what they go through to give truly insightful opinions.

Very true, however... I'd prefer to have 10 unique weapons over a 100 normalized weapons, For example, the Grataka, Braton, Dera, Boltor are basically all the same gun with different skins, stats and damage types. That is all fine and dandy because we need a lot of different stats to choose from, however... There are enough Assault rifles, shotguns, pistols and swords. Give us something we will use for hours on end, not just level up to 30 and then discard it. 

Put a lot of time and effort into the various guns, it will have a better response from the community then providing them with the same re-skinned mechanic over and over. It's a reasonable request and critique, one cannot say that the dev's cannot add more uniqueness because they are afraid people will "whine". I understand the time restraints, instead of giving us 6 new guns next time, just lower it to 2, quality over quantity!

I think you meant Tessen (folding iron fan with possibly razored edges) or Dansen Uchiwa (large steel edged wooden fan).

A gunsen is just a normal fan. :/

And I share Gregio's stance on 'new' weapons.

That said, I'd love to get a 'heavy' pulse weapon, like Dead Space's Plasma Cutter, rather than the 'rapid' Tau Pulse Rifle of Dera.

Fine fine fine, a small name issue, nothing to get your panties in a bunch over :3 

Fine fine fine, a small name issue, nothing to get your panties in a bunch over :3 

I usually don't mind if it's multiple names for the same thing, but that's not the case. Gunsen is "Army Fan", and Tessen is "Steel Fan".

A paper-and-bamboo fan won't be much use in blocking bullets, or cutting up stuff.

If have ideas for weapons and other gears then imagine, make a sketch and ask a modeller or model by yourself and upload. If they want make weapons they will make and share but all need time to implement.

I shouldn't need to do an 8 hour project to just suggest some new things ;3

What the hell is the point in that font/text colour? It doesn't make it seem professional, it doesn't make it seem unique and it makes it annoying to read, I have to highlight it to be able to stop my eyes from hurting. Maybe I'll finish reading it when it I can be bothered but so far it looks mediocre.

What the hell is the point in that font/text colour? It doesn't make it seem professional, it doesn't make it seem unique and it makes it annoying to read, I have to highlight it to be able to stop my eyes from hurting. Maybe I'll finish reading it when it I can be bothered but so far it looks mediocre.

Copy paste error, nothing I can fix.

I completely agree on the quality over quantity idea, I was thinking the same thing on how there are way too many of the basic same weapon. Another issue I had was that there are hardly any tenno weapons in comparison to grineer weapons available, which makes no sense at all. What I want to see them do is only make tenno weapons available until you master a weapon, then you get the other race's weapons of that "type" unlocked. For example, say you max the braton, then the grakata is unlocked. This would make the market less of a clusterfuck for new players, and would give more progression to the game imo. Combining this with the mastery rank requirement for more unique weapons would make this game a lot more clean and sensible, rather than a buch of skins of the same exact weapon with slight stat changes (I'm looking at you machete and grakata).

EDIT: Or alternatively, do what was done with the scindo and fragot and their skins, make it work like that, because that's basically what the machete and grakata do already it seems.

Edited by ProjectRay12

I completely agree on the quality over quantity idea, I was thinking the same thing on how there are way too many of the basic same weapon. Another issue I had was that there are hardly any tenno weapons in comparison to grineer weapons available, which makes no sense at all. What I want to see them do is only make tenno weapons available until you master a weapon, then you get the other race's weapons of that "type" unlocked. For example, say you max the braton, then the grakata is unlocked. This would make the market less of a clusterfuck for new players, and would give more progression to the game imo. Combining this with the mastery rank requirement for more unique weapons would make this game a lot more clean and sensible, rather than a buch of skins of the same exact weapon with slight stat changes (I'm looking at you machete and grakata).

EDIT: Or alternatively, do what was done with the scindo and fragot and their skins, make it work like that, because that's basically what the machete and grakata do already it seems.

Great ideas! Sounds like a very good idea to compliment a lot of the problems that are currently in the game.

On the note of the shield:  -Ambroccik ("ambrozek")- The word for Water in Draucfcniian; Because:

"Your enemies futile attacks will break like water over this mighty shield."

Link here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/89485-a-new-kind-of-weapon-come-and-check-it-out/

Edited by Veidgrim

On the note of the shield:

-DESCRIPTION: How about a energy barrier shield you can walk with and has only a charge burst attack that does heavy damage to enemies in front of it. kinda like it stores up the static discharge from the electromagnetic core that generates the shield and releases it as a pulse with VERY short range (only a few feet) and Very high damage. This could be useful for both berzerker types like Ash or obviously the frosts out their. Imagine you are the frost at the pod and their are several enemies in from slowly making their way through your globe, you have time to charge it up and kill them even on high levels.

-MODABILITY: Also the mods you put on don't just affect what the weapon part does, they also build up the protection strength of the shield for that type of dmg. In other words with a maxed armor piercing and fire dmg would mean that those damned flaming Grineer cant even touch you for the most part and then run up and blast him to bits

-CONTROLS: As far as controls left for raising the shield (instead of aiming), and right for charging it up (instead of shooting)

-MOVEMENT: As for semantics on moving, "come on DE it's an energy sheild not four inches of alloy plate..." so you should be able to move without penalty however I do not believe you should be able to sprint with it). 

-ACQUISITION: The enemy we acquire this from would be the Brand New "Corpus Barrier Men (or Moa)". So maybe a new research weapon... (and they could be using the new spectra as well..hint hint.. nudge nudge..

---Hey OP, you mind if I make my own thread on this, listing you as original thread of coarse, it'll just be about the shield though...

I don't mind that at all! Go ahead, I loved the weapon idea you had, very unique, it will be put up there with the rest in a moment.

Some things that I had on mind : Crossbows, Harpoon launcher, Real Katanas, Naginata, Sai, Energy Whip, Freeze gun,  Arc Rifle, Claws, Heat Gun (not Laser) 

I really want a good weapon that does freeze dmg as default, weather melee or otherwise we need a "ice dmg" faction...

Edited by Veidgrim

How about a flying guillotine? Or a sword and small shield combo? Blocking with that shield shouldn't use stam since it's on your rist all the time. Flying guillotine would be a great wep too. Headshots with it will be like an instant kill and best of all you get to keep the heads. Maybe, charge attack send it out as a decapitater. While normal use just flings it around using it's side blades to to dmg.