Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Not A Nightmare But Overall Difficulty.

_Chaser

here goes a very simple solution to such thing as runners and making game way more interesting and actually team based.

first of all: look at such game as Alien Swarm

enemies are easy to kill, yet they can kill you easily too. this is why running alone is a suicide in this game and you try to stick to your team.

second: more synergy. using specific warframes for specific tasks, which will bring diversity in gameplay, not just in look.

right now all the warframes are pretty much the same functionality.

but for start, to make game more interesting and encourage teamplay you should be killed easily. no need to make enemies pullet sponges, it's making game boring as F***.

So basically, another L4D clone?

There's tons of 4 player games that you get killed instantly in, and frankly they all just get old after a while (I can name 6 off the top of my head). It's gets boring being 1 shotted all the time if you don't play with a team, and those games normally have a $&*&*#(%& AI so solo play is a no go.

Edited by DecapitatingJim

L4D didn't have unique benefits to each character. Characters aren't easy to kill either.

Charger, Smoker, Witch, Jockeys and Hunters can all instant kill the player if you don't have a team, and they aren't exactly limited spawn wise.

I don't want another game that forces you to stay together in a team, it really gets frustrating after a while, especially if the amount of players lower, it pretty much becomes impossible to play.

Warframe could do with a bit of a diff buff, but turning it into another stay in a group of 4 or die constantly game really doesn't seem the way to go.

So basically, another L4D clone?

There's tons of 4 player games that you get killed instantly in, and frankly they all just get old after a while (I can name 6 off the top of my head). It's gets boring being 1 shotted all the time if you don't play with a team, and those games normally have a $&*&*#(%& AI so solo play is a no go.

want to go solo - go stealth.

want to shoot stuff go mp.

in this case enemy damage will be the same and difficulty will be apropriate for each type of play.

Edited by n7snk

I want to have the option of going in all guns blazing.

ninjas are a bit different thing than gunblazing crazy jumping terminator with machinegun.

they were sneaking up on targets and taking em down.

i personally hate the direction this game went. i was expecting a coop stealth game or atleast coop game instead of "i do what i want and play mp matches like sp" and "enemies are merely a decoration instead of treat" so "i can own em all and feel completely overpowered"

still you can do gunblazing, but you will have a challenge. or you don't like when enemies don't resist and just fall over to your legs when they see you?

you should really play dark souls once so "i want" igeneration consumership mindset will get out from your head.

Edited by n7snk

ninjas are a bit different thing than gunblazing crazy jumping terminator with machinegun.

still you can do gunblazing, but you will have a challenge. or you don't like when enemies don't resist and just fall over to your legs when they see you?

you should really play dark souls once so "i want" igeneration consumership mindset will get out from your head.

"The functions of the ninja included espionage, sabotage, infiltration, and assassination, and open combat in certain situations"

And just because you don't find the game hard doesn't mean anyone else doesn't, I find the game very fun and if I want a challange I'll remove some of the mods from my guns. Why don't you try run a map without a quad formad gun with max level mods, it's a very different experience.

Lastly I have played Dark souls, it's a hell of a lot easier than everyone makes it out to be.

You should NEVER have different Warframes being more suited to different roles than they already are. People like to be able to choose, and at the moment, you already struggle with choice. High-level Defense? Frost, Nyx, Nova, or Vauban. Nice.

You should not force a player into a playstyle YOU want them to play, so that they can play the content that THEY want to play. If you do this, you fail as a designer, especially in a game of choices.

If Happy-slappy Decappy Jim wants to solo with all guns blazing, you shouldn't say "THATS NOT HOW U DO DIS". You should give him a big gun, some ammo, and watch him drag himself through the gauntlet of Solo. DO NOT make it harder for him, and do NOT give him pity by making it easier. Give him a fighting chance to empower him, and a challenge that can be surmounted. 

Let the player choose how he wants to play the game, because otherwise he will not enjoy the experience.

Edit: Furthermore, don't tarnish the good nature of Co-op by making it forced. That's not in the spirit of teamwork.

Teamwork is a collaborative effort, not a rule of gameplay. In co-op games, you have the option, and the tools to work together. You do not HAVE to use either. I personally find it more fun TO use them, but I would have considerably less fun if I was told it was the ONLY WAY. Then I just feel like I'm not really playing a co-operative game.

Edited by Noogums

You should NEVER have different Warframes being more suited to different roles than they already are. People like to be able to choose, and at the moment, you already struggle with choice. High-level Defense? Frost, Nyx, Nova, or Vauban. Nice.

You should not force a player into a playstyle YOU want them to play, so that they can play the content that THEY want to play. If you do this, you fail as a designer, especially in a game of choices.

If Happy-slappy Decappy Jim wants to solo with all guns blazing, you shouldn't say "THATS NOT HOW U DO DIS". You should give him a big gun, some ammo, and watch him drag himself through the gauntlet of Solo. DO NOT make it harder for him, and do NOT give him pity by making it easier. Give him a fighting chance to empower him, and a challenge that can be surmounted. 

Let the player choose how he wants to play the game, because otherwise he will not enjoy the experience.

^ This. So much this. Forcing other people to play YOUR playstyle is just a $&*^ move to a big chunk of the community, not everyone wants one shotting enemies that force you to play in a group of 4.

Charger, Smoker, Witch, Jockeys and Hunters can all instant kill the player if you don't have a team, and they aren't exactly limited spawn wise.

I don't want another game that forces you to stay together in a team, it really gets frustrating after a while, especially if the amount of players lower, it pretty much becomes impossible to play.

Warframe could do with a bit of a diff buff, but turning it into another stay in a group of 4 or die constantly game really doesn't seem the way to go.

Warframe already loses a ton of people in half the stages because of all the missiosn that are exactly the same taking up the solar system. You're often lucky if you don't have to wait for a group on things that aren't alerts/bosses/Defense.

Also Witches don't have much to do with your team and just how good you are. And that still doesn't give unique benefits for having them. Coach can't fight off chargers because he's Coach or something, they all take it the same.

^ This. So much this. Forcing other people to play YOUR playstyle is just a $&*^ move to a big chunk of the community, not everyone wants one shotting enemies that force you to play in a group of 4.

So you've never played a void defense 3 mission which basically requires a Frost so your defense target doesn't instantly die in one shot to a bullet? Oh man it's not like Frost is required to stop the one shots you're dealing with for thirty minutes (Yes the mission takes longer than that, but one shots don't really happen in the first thirty).

Edit: Furthermore, don't tarnish the good nature of Co-op by making it forced. That's not in the spirit of teamwork.

Teamwork is a collaborative effort, not a rule of gameplay. In co-op games, you have the option, and the tools to work together. You do not HAVE to use either. I personally find it more fun TO use them, but I would have considerably less fun if I was told it was the ONLY WAY. Then I just feel like I'm not really playing a co-operative game.

same goes to you. play dark souls.