Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Resource Conversion (Tl;dr Version Available At The End Of Post)

Buzkyl

First of all, yes i did search to see if it was suggested before and it was, but not quite what i had in mind.

Now why would i suggest this? Because i looked in my Foundry and saw i had 65k worth of Nano spores and thought "Now if only these bloody things were useful". And so I came up with this. Now i know we can buy resources and gain them from alerts, but this could be worth a shot and a read.

This is how i would suggest it could work, it's still a "work in progress" suggestion so helping with conversion rates would be quite helpful.

You are able to convert:

Common to Common

Common to Uncommon

Uncommon to Uncommon

Uncommon to Rare

Rare to Rare

Rare to either common or uncommon

Restrictions (Because this would be too abusable if left like this)

1.A time restriction for each "tier" conversion, example-  1 hour for common to common, 3 hours for uncommon to uncommon, 6 hours for uncommon to rare, ect ect....

2. A mastery rank require to do further conversions- Example  mastery rank 2 to start common to common, mastery rank 5 for uncommon to rare, ect ect....

3. The higher your mastery rank, the better conversion rates would be, let's take this hypothetical case at rank 2 you can convert 1000 nanospores into 5 plastids, at rank 7 using the same amount of Nano spores, you will yield 100 instead of 5.

4. No mass production (oh i'd love this, but if this ever get's implemented, DE won't make it happen)- Once you begin a common to common  conversion, you cannot do another of that type until the conversion is done. This applies to the other conversions listed above

5. Make converting  cost credits- Simply because i'd love a way to dump credits after missions besides mods.

TL;DR Version

I'm proposing you convert those unused resourced you've gathered up into more actively used resources, not without restrictions ofcourse. They're listed above if you're curious.

Feedback would be appreciated, both negative and positive. (but at least explain if you agree or disagree)

This seems like quite a good idea, But what about the resources like ferrite, Converting into rubedo, How many ferrite = rubedo, Or like how much ferrite = neurodes, Time would depend on the resource. Still seems like a good idea. +1

This seems like quite a good idea, But what about the resources like ferrite, Converting into rubedo, How many ferrite = rubedo, Or like how much ferrite = neurodes, Time would depend on the resource. Still seems like a good idea. +1

Hmm, that's why i brought it to the forums, because frankly, I'm bad with numbers, especially with things like this. Because you have to take into consideration how long it gets to farm x resource to get y resource, it has to be enough that it's worthwhile (instead of farming for y rescource), but not too good to render farming obsolete.

And as for ferrite--->neurodes you'll have to take the vector way of doing example

ferrite---> rubedo

rubedo---neurodes

this is just to prevent abuse

While if you have some extra neurodes you can say turn it 600 ferrite at x mastery?

It's all numbers, which is what i'm bad at.

All in all a good idea, and yes id like it to happen, but, and this is where all the previous ideas have fallen over, think how easy it is to farm certain things, like nano spores for instance, i have over 200k of them, and yes i realise that you said about a conversion rate but it would have to be pretty steep for those as they drop so much, and as we all know there are certain people who play 24/7 that would farm the nuts off a common resource to convert it to a rare one.

Again, yes i like the idea but im not sure how DE would like it

All in all a good idea, and yes id like it to happen, but, and this is where all the previous ideas have fallen over, think how easy it is to farm certain things, like nano spores for instance, i have over 200k of them, and yes i realise that you said about a conversion rate but it would have to be pretty steep for those as they drop so much, and as we all know there are certain people who play 24/7 that would farm the nuts off a common resource to convert it to a rare one.

Again, yes i like the idea but im not sure how DE would like it

Well the question is "why would they even do it?"

The time to gather let's say 100k Nano spores just to get an orokin cell, then the time spent converting it.to said cell. You could have EASILY farmed a boss to get many more cells along with other rare resources.

If they they have the rank and resources to do it, imo, let them be. In my eyes it's quite an inefficient way, based of the numbers i used above.