Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

{|Suggestion|} A Final Optional " Reset " Upon Exit Of Beta?

KamaNightfire

Hello.

Currently players that have not invested Forma into a clan project are able to have an " optional " reset. This was introduced a few months back and was removed during the clan update due to exploits, which are now fixed with the above mentioned rule. DE allowed this option for those whom had invested their Platinum into the game and may have made some bad purchasing choices and experimentation during the Closed Beta. This reset cleared the account of all but a select few items given, and returned all the purchased platinum the player had upon the reset to allow for another try at purchases and gameplay.

At the moment players are able to use only " One " optional reset, which on August 31st will be removed entirely *If I remember correctly*, I am unsure if this removal is the near-set date for when Warframe itself is " released " from it's beta stages as a full game, or is just a date the developers decided would be long enough for people to decide upon using it.

My suggestion would be to allow a VERY limited time-frame , less than a week to only a few days , to allow players that " Final " optional reset upon Warframes official release for those whom had already used their optional reset early on, and wish to give 1 last go at the platinum they had purchased beforehand. Doing so would allow players new choices in weaponry and purchases from the very start, and starting fresh again. Also including the same rule-set as before, not allowing players whom have invested into a Dojo already using Forma and so-forth.

Of course I post this with myself having already used my own Optional Reset a while back, and honestly wouldn't mind re-farming everything I had worked for with another chance at a clean slate with Platinum to make my start a bit easier once-more.

I know this can bring up the issue of DE losing money due to players " reusing " already spent platinum on items in-game, and understand that this may be shot down fairly quickly by everyone else, but it's only a suggestion and would like to hear the feed-back from the community regardless.

Thanks! :o

Edited by Cute

I know this can bring up the issue of DE losing money due to players " reusing " already spent platinum on items in-game, and understand that this may be shot down fairly quickly by everyone else, but it's only a suggestion and would like to hear the feed-back from the community regardless.

No, DE realistically does not lose any money if you reset your account. The money spent on platinum, the real resource in the real world ($$$), was already spent when you bought these items.

Refunding virtual money like platinum just means a reshuffle of virtual commodities, ergo nothing of value to DE.

An argument could be that DE loses "potential future money" but then we are in fantasy imagination land where "quantum money" exists.

Edited by Mietz

No, DE realistically does not lose any money if you reset your account. The money spent on platinum, the real resource in the real world ($$$), was already spent when you bought these items.

Refunding virtual money like platinum just means a reshuffle of virtual commodities, ergo nothing of value to DE.

An argument could be that DE loses "potential future money" but then we are in fantasy imagination land where "quantum money" exists.

I did mean on the terms that instead of the player purchasing " more " platinum they'd be re-using already spent platinum upon their reset.

I did mean on the terms that instead of the player purchasing " more " platinum they'd be re-using already spent platinum upon their reset.

That alternative would lead to nowhere as this is "potential purchase" as there is no guarantee that a player might spend more platinum later.