Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Split "Architect" permission into Architect and Demolitionist

StuffedTurkey007

I'd love to give other dojo members the ability to decorate the dojo, but I'm afraid they'll deconstruct the decorations that took painstaking hours to make perfectly symmetrical.

If the permission was split, I could give people permission to add their own rooms and decorations without worrying they'll tear down existing rooms or decorations.

On an unrelated note, I think "shift to snap" should snap a lot tighter; like only 8 or 16 possible facings.

• 2 months later...
On 12/22/2017 at 2:03 AM, ScribbleClash said:

Architect also includes roombuilding/-destroying, correct?
The whole permission structure needs to be granulated to allow us more control.

• created decorations
    • change room colors
  • create rooms
  • destroy decorations
  • destroy rooms

Architect currently includes all of those things. I was thinking to split them up into two roles (one for create, one for destroy) but I wouldn't mind splitting it further if there's a desire for that.

• 1 month later...

Pulling this out from the past because it's become relevant to myself as well today. We'd like to be able to allow someone to decorate but without having to worry about them also having permission to build and more significantly destroy rooms. However as opposed to previous suggestions I'd rather see an architect, able to create and destroy rooms, and then splitting off the decoration separately. So...

Architect (build/destroy rooms)
Decorator (place/edit decorations)

That one is really the most important, but if I could have the following split too I would be quite happy...

Banker (contribute from clan vault)
Treasurer (edit sales tax)