Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Phantasmal The Psychokinetic

Omegarick

Phantasmal is a manipulative Warframe focused on abilities from the power of the mind. He's a well armored, manipulative stickler, about as fast as Vauban. He is dangerous and powerful. He discovered his powers when he had come to a near death experience, where he found the inner core of his mind.

1. Telekinesis

Does impact damage. Pulls the enemy into the air, helplessly and smashes them into ground with great force, ranking this up increases damage.

2. Multilocation

Phantasmal breaks into multiple matter clusters, and enemies can't tell which one is you. The other matter has a quarter of your health and shield and lasts for 45 seconds. They will follow you. Ranking this up increases duration and number of clusters.

3. Energy Heal

Diagnoses and detects wounds or injuries and treats them telepathically, it restores some health and forces shield recharge to friendly Tenno and Phantasmal.

4. Psychokinesis

Phantasmal focuses his inner power, when activated he releases a ring of fire that damages all near him becomes clairvoyant and can see enemies nearby no matter where they are (behind cover, walls, etc.) after this he can use Psychokinesis while clairvoyant and channels deep into the enemies psyches in a cone in front of him, he drives them insane, temporarily, doing heavy stagger damage.

Edited by Rickman108

Um why does he have fire powers? Change that and your good. Personally I think his 4 should be changed all together it doesn't feel like an ultimate at all.

Number 2 should be changed as well.

Number 1 and 3 is fine.

Edited by NBlitZ

Um why does he have fire powers? Change that and your good. Personally I think his 4 should be changed all together it doesn't feel like an ultimate at all.

Number 1 and 3 is fine.

Pyrokinesis? It's a type of psychokinetic power. His 4 gives him heavy damage with stagger and the ability to see enemies behind walls.

Edited by Rickman108

Number 1 and 3 is fine.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll think about the 2nd ability, I'm thinking about an ability called 'empathy' which allows you to point at an enemy and boost their motivation increasing their damage by an x amount, I'll give more thought about it if I start getting more feedback.

Edited by Rickman108

• 2 weeks later...

Something to consider is that most of his abilities seem to be based around the idea of molecularkinesis with the exception of his ultimate. Molecularkinesis is the ability to control the molecules in an object or the molecules in matter. If you think about it, his second ability, Multilocation, would be a form of molecularkinesis, as he is either turning the air into a form of himself or even taking some of the matter of his own body and distributing it evenly among several locations simultaneously. If most of his abilities focus around molecularkinetics, then his ultimate should be focused around molecularkinetics. His ultimate seems a lot like Ember's Fireblast, with the exception that he can see through walls, and earlier, I believe you had mentioned that his last ability was focused around Pyrokinetics. If there is a Warframe with Pyrokinetic abilities, it would definitely and obviously be Ember, as she is the fire Warframe. Again, if the other three abilities of his are focused around molecularkinetic abilities, then his ultimate should also be focused around molecularkinesis.

A suggestion for a molecularkinetic ultimate ability could possibly be something such as this:

Body Sphere: Cost: 100 Energy
"Phantasmal grips a group of enemies with great force, pulling them all together centering on a single enemy. He then creates a tight orb with their bodies, crushing them together and dealing large amounts of damage."

The sphere has 4 ranks, and it lasts 2/4/6/7/8 seconds depending on rank (Subject to change). The range of both the targeting and the pulling would increase with rank, as well with these values noted as [Target/Pull] in meters: [3/3] / [5/4] / [7/5] / [9/6] / [11/7] (Subject to change.)

Some enemies, such as bosses, would be immune to the pulling together, however, they could be at the center of the sphere, having their allies bring them pain. This ability would stun them, and would keep them off the ground for the duration of this ability. This ability slightly resembles Mag's Crush ability. To use this ability, you must point your cross-hairs at an enemy, and use the power. The enemy you have focused upon will not be pulled, but instead, have nearby allies of his pulled onto him with him at the center. The enemy in the center takes the most damage. During the use of this ability, Phantasmal is locked into place as this would take great concentration. He cannot move, attack, or use other abilities. This effect is much like the effect of Nyx's absorb.

Upgrading this ability increases the range at which enemies can be targeted, and the range of the power's ability to pull enemies in. (Example: The unranked version of this power could have a targeting range of say, 8 meters, or approximately 26 feet. The range of the pull could be, say, 4 meters, or approximately 17 feet.) Mods that effect this mod would be: [Continuity/Constitution]: Effects the duration of the power. [stretch]: Increases the range of the targeting and the range of the pull. [Focus]: Increases the initial damage dealt and the damage dealt during the duration of the sphere. [streamline]: Decreases the cost.

Edited by SethA007