Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Voicing Some Concerns

orangle

So I've been playing this game a few months now, dropped a few bucks to craft some new frames, and enjoyed the game for a bit.  I've yet to play the game for about a month now because I'm so sick of this game.  Talking to a buddy confirms the fact that I have no desire to play the game in this state.  DE you really need to figure some things out.

1.  The game is so direction-less.  Explain to me the story of your game?  We've have several weekend events, NONE of which give any direction on the topic of story.  We had fusion MOA's, Grineer blimps, and I know there was another but I literally can't think of what it was lol.

2.  The marketplace.  Rumors are you guys are having financial issues.  If that's the case I truly am sorry, I know anything i pour my heart into and pay with blood, sweat, and tears means that when it's not succeeding the way I want it to it's tough.  I'm a college student, I can hardly imagine how hard it is IF you guys are going through tough times.  But the fact remains and has been stated for a long time, cosmetic additions would be greatly appreciated and would help reward your more serious players.

3.  Now that we've discussed rewarding the serious gamers that play your game, reward the little guy too!  I don't want to have to pay to get keys for the void because I need one more part for my Reaper Prime.  Oh and by the way, even if I get my Reaper Prime BP, I still need to farm for resources.  Farming is no longer fun, it's now monotonous and quite frankly boring.  When I have to play Mercury to utilize your RNG drop system, it's not only frustrating but a waste of time.  Time does NOT equal money in this game, luck does, and that just sucks!

4.  DE if there is any advice I want you to take away from this, it's to take a chance that has the potential to REWARD the gamer and hurt YOU in the long run, and not vice versa.  For example, next update, give us 8 new rifles, 5 new shotguns, 6 new pistols, and 10 new melee weapons (like I said, this is an example not a demand lol).  And I mean ones we can actually get, not ones that require void key runs, then void runs, then farming...but I digress.  Heck, maybe half of them end up being OP, but guess what, for the next 48 hours us players are gunna go gaga over these new weapons, and you can balance a bit later, I know how much you guys love to balance (sorry, but it had to be said). 

5.  Lastly (for now, I'm sure I think of something later when it isn't midnight and I'm falling asleep while typing this), we do love you guys over at DE (mostly Rebecca though :P) and we do appreciate how hard you guys work.  But I have some real concerns, and if you are reading this then you know my concerns and you know what advice I have to give.  But heck, I'm just a college kid, what do I know.  DE, I'm sorry but right now your game is unplayable for me, but I look forward to the day I can come back and play your awesome game with a super cool plot and a million new weapons to play with, and I'm going to stick tesla's all over my partners faces and we will own everything!!!

PS.  Just remembered, work on your bosses too.  I'm not saying they have to be shadow of the collosus (spelling) good, but at least crash bandicoot good

I see these topics a lot, and you, like all before you, have very valid points.

However.

You asked for tons of new weapons in the next update. This does not fix the problem, it merely delays it.

Instead of flushing out more and more weapons to keep us at bay with, they need to get things straight.

That means fixing all the cruddy systems that everyone hates.

Fixing every point you mentioned.

Fixing the grind.

It's hard to wait, but in time, this game will no longer be Farmframe. (At least I hope so.) 

So take a break if you must, but coming from someone who really cares about this game, they need to stop with new content, and fix what is already here.

1. Your spelling and grammar is atrocious at best.

2. You can't remember things about the game hence there's no story? Seems like a lack of effort on your part.

3. They are working on bosses. Vor was revamped, Raptor was added, They are currently reworking Golem last I heard as well.

It seems a lot of your 'concerns' stem from your inability to stay committed to the game. If you don't have the time or patience to grind or the money to just buy it, don't complain. It's childish and stupid.

Don't forget, this IS a free to play game. Given how frequently they've been updating with hotfixes, hosting events, etc. You should be impressed. They're trying to improve their game every day for us PC players while working on the PS4 version at the same time. Give them some slack. They're doing MUCH better than, let's say Diablo 3 and Blizzard.

Edited by Vashlion

they are working on lore.

dont believe rumors.

the game overflows with content that isnt that hard to get. people dont need to get the shiniest new toys handed to them. they will just get bored that much faster. if you are bored then you are just bored. go do something else :/

new weps come out all the time. if anything its clear they are fearful of nerfs and release things weak and buff them later. because heaven help us if a bunch of people cant deal with their favorate and clearly OP wep getting nerfed.

take a vaca bro. i spent a week playing the new Civ5 DLC. did me plenty good. if need be just quit for a while and come back later. its suppose to be an enjoyable hobby not a cult following. no dat hard.

they need to stop with new content, and fix what is already here.

They need to do both. For some of us who have played since early, early beta, new stuff is what will attract our attention the most. Not saying they shouldn't polish the old content, they really should, but not to the point where new content is stopped.

2. You can't remember things about the game hence there's no story? Seems like a lack of effort on your part.

3. They are working on bosses. Vor was revamped, Raptor was added, They are currently reworking Golem last I heard as well.

It seems a lot of your 'concerns' stem from your inability to stay committed to the game. If you don't have the time or patience to grind or the money to just buy it, don't complain. It's childish and stupid.

Don't forget, this IS a free to play game. Given how frequently they've been updating with hotfixes, hosting events, etc. You should be impressed. They're trying to improve their game every day for us PC players while working on the PS4 version at the same time. Give them some slack. They're doing MUCH better than, let's say Diablo 3 and Blizzard.

1.  Refer to last post, half asleep here hahaha.

2.  Explain to me how my point is not valid with points of your own and I will consider what you're trying to say.

3.  Ok so Vor now has, technically, two new moves and is a sponge.  Raptor is a flying sponge.  We know nothing about Golem so yes, my point remains, the bosses need a lot of help.

I see these topics a lot, and you, like all before you, have very valid points.

However.

You asked for tons of new weapons in the next update. This does not fix the problem, it merely delays it.

Instead of flushing out more and more weapons to keep us at bay with, they need to get things straight.

That means fixing all the cruddy systems that everyone hates.

Fixing every point you mentioned.

Fixing the grind.

It's hard to wait, but in time, this game will no longer be Farmframe. (At least I hope so.) 

So take a break if you must, but coming from someone who really cares about this game, they need to stop with new content, and fix what is already here.

I do agree with you on all fronts.  A break is what I need from this game if I ever want to enjoy it like I used to.  I really do think it will be significantly better in the future.  And just to clarify, I'm not asking for more weapons, that was just an example.  But point taken, you are right there

1.  Refer to last post, half asleep here hahaha.

2.  Explain to me how my point is not valid with points of your own and I will consider what you're trying to say.

3.  Ok so Vor now has, technically, two new moves and is a sponge.  Raptor is a flying sponge.  We know nothing about Golem so yes, my point remains, the bosses need a lot of help.

1. Fair enough! You are forgiven!

2. On further thought, there is a lack of story, but one step at a time I suppose. But the recent Formorian event was that the Grineer were attacking the Corpus to wipe them out and take their resources.

------------On that note, I'd be quite interested in learning about things like the council and the Tenno. Council in particular, they are brought up ALL the damn time yet no idea what it is. (Clearly not a peace council given how people kill each other frequently in this game)

3. Golem is suppose to become a giant. We'll see though. I frankly liked Vor's changes. As for Raptor...god he was annoying to fight >_>

1. Fair enough! You are forgiven!

2. On further thought, there is a lack of story, but one step at a time I suppose. But the recent Formorian event was that the Grineer were attacking the Corpus to wipe them out and take their resources.

------------On that note, I'd be quite interested in learning about things like the council and the Tenno. Council in particular, they are brought up ALL the damn time yet no idea what it is. (Clearly not a peace council given how people kill each other frequently in this game)

3. Golem is suppose to become a giant. We'll see though. I frankly liked Vor's changes. As for Raptor...god he was annoying to fight >_>

I like you!  hahaha

As far as plot goes, I had no clue that's what the event was for, so heck, maybe there is more plot than I realize, but the fact that i needed to come to the forum and have you tell me is somewhat of a problem....But the plot has wonderful potential, we just need to see some of it come to life.

And honestly Golem sounds pretty sick, but if he's just a 9 story tall sponge then I will be moderately disappointed.

1.) There are working on lore. If you want to see the basic concept of lore, then go play some Dark Sector. It is basically Warframe crazy uncle (made by DE!)

2.) Rumors? Com'on! I am on here all the time, and I have never heard that. So either you are making it up or you are continuing the lie of trolls. 

3.) Again DE is working on it. I hate grind for keys and Prime parts but that is basically how the end game may work. Frankly, I have been active in this game a while and DE is doing a damn fine work of working things out. If you cannot trust them, then move on. 

4.) Weapons are boring. I want new levels, tilesets, enemies, systems, bosses, etc.

1.) There are working on lore. If you want to see the basic concept of lore, then go play some Dark Sector. It is basically Warframe crazy uncle (made by DE!)

2.) Rumors? Com'on! I am on here all the time, and I have never heard that. So either you are making it up or you are continuing the lie of trolls. 

3.) Again DE is working on it. I hate grind for keys and Prime parts but that is basically how the end game may work. Frankly, I have been active in this game a while and DE is doing a damn fine work of working things out. If you cannot trust them, then move on. 

4.) Weapons are boring. I want new levels, tilesets, enemies, systems, bosses, etc.

You just brought up a very valid point.  I would be happy with new weapons, but for you, you want new levels, tilesets, enemies, systems, bosses.  If DE would just focus on one and overachieve instead of giving a bit of effort to all of them, they would do a lot better I feel.  Focus on tilesets for a week or two.  Once you feel it's to a top notch level, then work on enemies.  Is this too much of me to ask?  Maybe it is, idk, I'm just a math teacher lmao

Edited by orangle

Watch their Twitch live stream they have every two weeks. A lot of ideas and updates are talked about and you get to see the creators of the game talk about their baby. They are also posted on YouTube on their channel.

While I would like to see them work on a story mode because the little that's in the lore section of your profile intrigued me greatly... I would really like to see UI and net problems worked on first. What good is making a story for a game when the glitches and network issues that started with 9.3 make it a grueling chore to play?

this post should have more upvotes and should probably be stickied somewhere