The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Healing return and sentinals

(PSN)GL_alphamind

Question

Doing research on healing returns and it appears that it's very good to have with impact melee weapons which just so happen's to be the weapon with Helios Prime. 1) If the healing return procs from the deconstructor prime (Helios Prime's gun) would it only heal my sentinel or would it heal me as well? This would be really helpful to my despoil build I'm sorta working on.

3 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, (PS4)GL_alphamind said:

Doing research on healing returns and it appears that it's very good to have with impact melee weapons which just so happen's to be the weapon with Helios Prime. 1) If the healing return procs from the deconstructor prime (Helios Prime's gun) would it only heal my sentinel or would it heal me as well? This would be really helpful to my despoil build I'm sorta working on.

Unfortunately it does not work

13 hours ago, (PS4)GL_alphamind said:

This would be really helpful to my despoil build I'm sorta working on.

The game play effect you are trying to get (but doesn't work) can be done with the Hunter Recovery mod that goes on kavats or kubrows.  Desecrate loves slash procs to slice up bodies as an added bonus.  I haven't tried this yet myself due to lack of time but on paper the theory seems quite strong. 

Of course it requires that you switch from a sentinel to a companion and there are downsides to that.  First and foremost a good companion build requires 5-6 forma and has many rank 10 mods.  Losing access to both sacrifice, medi-ray and the various sentinel abilities would also be a bummer.  On the upside a well built cat can be quite awesome, capable of stripping 100% armor and dealing very high damage, giving you great crit bonuses and so on. 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

The game play effect you are trying to get (but doesn't work) can be done with the Hunter Recovery mod that goes on kavats or kubrows.  Desecrate loves slash procs to slice up bodies as an added bonus.  I haven't tried this yet myself due to lack of time but on paper the theory seems quite strong. 

Of course it requires that you switch from a sentinel to a companion and there are downsides to that.  First and foremost a good companion build requires 5-6 forma and has many rank 10 mods.  Losing access to both sacrifice, medi-ray and the various sentinel abilities would also be a bummer.  On the upside a well built cat can be quite awesome, capable of stripping 100% armor and dealing very high damage, giving you great crit bonuses and so on. 

Yeah this is a good suggestion. Oberon also works wonders with Hunter Recovery.