Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Increased Max Fov?

MEsoJD

I can't be the only one that wants to play the game in an fov similar to this. While the current max fov is decent, I've been asking for ages for this. Having a higher fov would be able to better accommodate for space the sentinel takes up. I would appreciate it, if we can get their attention about this. Thanks :D

gias.jpg

0ejq.jpg

jg80.jpg

OffT: those feet :D

OnT: I'm a FoV lover, in every shooter. In some, my Rifle was only a mere line on my huge screen :-) higher FoV means more sight, which means more information and thus leads to more freedom of (better) choice, at least to me. 

E.g. you could see and dodge a roller when he rolls from behind, finally manage to roll when the teleporting melee is just appearing etc.

+ed

have you ever had a volt use his speed buff on you with that fov, its horrifying

I bet he has Volt buff the moment the pics were taken, but he just stood around so no energy glow out of his tenno-"extraction-area" behind.

and actually, no, I'd like that kind of FoV, but I'm an FoV addict so... :)

2 things

Bumps will get your topic locked.

And capping the field of view is a balance thing. As you guys said, it gives you more information, it's possible they don't want you to have all that extra information.

2 things

And capping the field of view is a balance thing. As you guys said, it gives you more information, it's possible they don't want you to have all that extra information.

Meh if it gets locked. I don't think it's a balance thing based on brief convo with Steve. He did say,"the config is setup as ratio, if I change the range, it messes default profile for people so I backed out and left it for the time being.

Still in the queue tho, just wasn't as quick as I thought. :("

This was back in may though.... I hope I get an update on this. I don't want to come off as impatient, but proper fov is important, especially in pc gaming where the screen is up close.

Personally, I don't really mind the FOV as it is... Yes the sentinel is quite bothersome and if I could I would entirelly remove it from the picture, like say it hovers at another angle in which it will never get in front of the camera...

That said I do give a thumbs up for a proper FOV slider with more distance. Although I do fine I have a friend who I'm sure he'd enjoy playing this game however he currently hates the game cause the current FOV makes him sick... At the end of the day an FOV slider is not a hard thing to implement and by having one you are gaining customers which wouldn't play the game otherwise because it makes them sick.

2 things

I agree with the 2nd line of your post 100%.

Move the slider to the right and your playing Tomb raider.

Move the slider to the left and your playing Doom.

1st person and 3rd person games play differently. Warframe is unique in the way you play as 3rd person but a really being immersed as 1st person. Ie: you can see your char as a 3rd pov game but your focus in constant on the centre of the screen with aiming as in a 1st pov game. This is very clever and one of the things DE do very well and are innovating.

Be careful what you ask for.

Better immersion. Slower gameplay. More tactical. 

Move the slider to the left and play solo against high level Grineer. You will take damage from enemies you can not see and will find it hard to turn around quickly enough to shoot them or have problems with aiming for the head as you had to change your sensitivity to be able to turn quickly but now can't aim for headshots due to a fast aim cursor.

Less immersion. Faster gameplay. More arcade shooter feel.

Move the slider to the right and play in a group and you will see everything to easily. You can kill anything and everything without breaking sweat solo or in groups. You will be able to have a high sensitivity but won't be able to aim accurately for the head due to size scaling.

Field of view affects so many things. Accuracy and mouse sensitivity are 2 major things that can ruin your game experience if not set right. They allow you to tweak what is already good. Accept this and trust them or try what i have said for yourself and you will see what i mean.

Field of view changes gameplay. This is why some like 1st person and others like 3rd person. Warframe is very clever in the way you are in 3rd but really focusing in 1st. This is down to clever sizing of your enviroment and objects within the enviroment and your field of view. They have changed it in the past months and i know this because my gaming mouse sensitivities were all out of balance when i came home from a month in hospital. The game also felt a touch slower and immersed me more into the game. They do tweak and balance it i believe but this is also dangerous as they could ruin the whole feel of the game without you even knowing whats been changed. Its very hard to notice a 5-10% field of view change but changes the gameplay a lot.

Edited by stacey69

Problem I have is I cant game at the 2500x1600 because the chat is too small.. What resolution are you guys playing at? 2500x1600 with max FOV is perfect "for me" but the chat text is so small I have to settle for 1080p.  Even though, 1080p on my 42" 3D HDTV is pretty great and I don't feel cramped at all. I never understood why people like that fish bowl view, its so distorted and ugly.. Doing this to see around corners is silly..

Problem I have is I cant game at the 2500x1600 because the chat is too small.. What resolution are you guys playing at? 2500x1600 with max FOV is perfect "for me" but the chat text is so small I have to settle for 1080p.  Even though, 1080p on my 42" 3D HDTV is pretty great and I don't feel cramped at all. I never understood why people like that fish bowl view, its so distorted and ugly.. Doing this to see around corners is silly..

1920x1080. It's the max I can go.

-snip-

You make some good points, but what if someone -who has set the FoV to the highest the game provides- is still getting motion sickness and eye-strain? That person cannot enjoy the game and promptly uninstalls it.

This also isn't Dead Space, where a ridiculously low FoV is "part of the game mechanics". Warframe won't benefit from constrained FoV. This is an option that requires a very large range to suit everyone's needs. Just because it doesn't affect you doesn't mean won't affect the next guy.

So you are playing the game on a tv far away? Because distance is a huge factor. I play on a pc monitor on a desk and while I have really good vision, I'm sensitive to low fov.

The fov slider actually in place doesn't even increase fov, it just pushes back the camera a few meters away from the character. Angle is the same, the character model just doesn't take half of your screen space anymore.

And I still get eye-strain for the first 15 minutes of playing warframe. When a Volt joins the squad, it litterally hurts in the back of my eyes everytime I enter and exit "Volt-vision".

This is not about gameplay mechanics or whatever, this is about playing the game without hurting your brain. And then being able to adapt to each and every modern screen size.

Proper FOV plz.

Edited by Thelonious