Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Failure & Abort Punishment

Pave

Before the previous dicussion of the same topic got locked by a person (who doesn't represent Digital Extremes or Warframe-developer team) we were having a somewhat constructive and informative debate whether the punishment (implemented on update 7.8.0) of not being able to bring back anything from missions in case of a failure or aborting the mission (regardless whether either of them was caused by player error or coding mistake (I.E. Bug / Glitch / Error / etc.)) is needed any longer due various fixed and tweaks implemented afterwards.

This would only affect the looted items (credits, materials, mods / upgrades, etc.), not the mission completion bonuses.

In other words, there would be still a punishement for those who don't finish missions instead of aborting or failing. But it wouldn't be a completely nullification of progress, just like it used to be before the change.

Let us continue, for at least as long as until an actual DE-personel has his/her words regarding to this topic, of which they haven't had a single word about ever to public since the implementation (at least, not a very visible or audible one).

So... I'm not sure if I have this straight, but you want people who disconnect mid game to keep their loot, but not mission completion "bonuses" (wooo... credits... and maybe a mod...) (aka, speed run to boss, kill him, DC if it wasn't the right reward)? Nah, if you leave the mission, you leave your rewards.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

The answer is no, not only by me, but also by DE, it was abused on specific missions, like bosses, that you would just run to the boss, then abort, free of penalty.

If for any reason this would be active again, no one will ever finish a boss run, they would just run until the boss, kill it, get the loot and abort.

This change is nice, want to keep your S#&$, finish it.

Personally, I see the mission bonus as a reward for completing, and the drops and exp as a reward for playing. In alerts, raid-like and defense-like missions, the mission bonus is why we're running the mission.

And for assassination, as already mentioned, if the exit was available immediately after the boss (no need to shorten the level, just put whatever path we had to take after the boss, before it), there would be no rusher/quitters either. Another option would be to make the possible blueprint a reward for the mission, rather than a drop (it would also fix issues with items sometimes dropping in unknown or unaccessible places).

Reopening closed threads rarely gives good results though.