Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enter to Chat on PS4?

(PSN)Parrydigm

Question

Hey all :)

Is there a way on PS4 to configure a Bluetooth keyboard so that pressing enter brings up chat?

I find it a little cumbersome to left-trigger (or pause, left-trigger in missions), then square, and then chat. I'm used to the MMO style where you hit Enter on your keyboard and chat pops up and you're good to go straight away.

I've got a Bluetooth keyboard connected to the PS4, so typing isn't a big issue, just getting to the chat window seems to have a few extra steps in it. Any thoughts or suggestions on making this easier to access?

2 answers to this question

Sadly no, we don't have that level of keyboard support.  The U.I. for chat in general should be reworked for full keyboard support... you don't know true hell until you're stuck with the chat window open when the vote screen comes up to leave or stay... you're forced to stay because Square is vote to leave - and also the button to start typing a message, and rather than closing the chat window, it keeps it up, forcing you to keep entering the chat U.I. instead of being able to vote to leave... Unrelated issue really, but same source.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue