The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Weird crashes while idle in Orbiter

pentbellz

I've been encountering some sort of weird bug where the game freezes and eventually crashes while sitting around in the Orbiter. Usually when I'm idle or chatting with friends, I noticed the crashes becoming more frequent and always in the Orbiter after hotfix 22.8.1

I've verified my game cache, optimised and turned some of my graphical settings down, and yet the crashes persist.

I'll attempt a reinstall of the game, hopefully it may solve the issue as the game rarely crashes even on my non-gaming laptop

18 hours ago, pentbellz said:

I've been encountering some sort of weird bug where the game freezes and eventually crashes while sitting around in the Orbiter. Usually when I'm idle or chatting with friends, I noticed the crashes becoming more frequent and always in the Orbiter after hotfix 22.8.1

I've verified my game cache, optimised and turned some of my graphical settings down, and yet the crashes persist.

I'll attempt a reinstall of the game, hopefully it may solve the issue as the game rarely crashes even on my non-gaming laptop

Finally, someone who is actually experiencing this as well. Been crashing quite frequently from the orbiter and ONLY when I am in the orbiter after the latest hotfix and I don't even know why.

Happens especially after I hit esc to exit the Arsenal after changing  loadouts or configurations.

This only happens when I am in my orbiter, and i have 0 crashes whatsoever in POE, Cetus or any other part of the game.....

I've essentially been locked out of my ship and have to do everything from a relay's navigation room. Additionally I checked if some DirectX may be the issue and no matter which version; 9, 10 or 11, the game crashes anyway.

Turning down graphical settings and running in 32bit mode doesn't seem to help either

34 minutes ago, pentbellz said:

I've essentially been locked out of my ship and have to do everything from a relay's navigation room. Additionally I checked if some DirectX may be the issue and no matter which version; 9, 10 or 11, the game crashes anyway.

Turning down graphical settings and running in 32bit mode doesn't seem to help either

Nothing helps, I have tried everything that you have mentioned in your last 2 posts, from direct X to 32 bit to verifying and optimizing, nothing helps.

Like you, I have to resort to staying in my dojo or doing stuffs in a relay's navigation room....man this is just sad lmao.

• 3 months later...