Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scrap Nightmare Mode And Use That Space To Add Scarves Or Something.

Mak_Gohae

Completely agreed.  I think if they revamped Warframe to eliminate the Power Creep, it would open up many possibilities for new difficult challenges.

I mentioned in another thread a long time ago, that F.3.A.R. had a game mode that would fit Warframe (modified to suit WF of course).  The game mode was called F**KING RUN! and it was extremely challenging (I mean, extremely) but not punishing.  If you screwed up once, it was because a teammate derped or because you screwed up something.  I sincerely suggest you take a look at it and think about how it could be evolved to fit this game.  It's basically a high speed run and gun parkour mission while being chased by a wall of death.

Yes DE, please add F***ing RUN! mode I loved that I never laughed so hard till I had started seeing videos on it. I hope they add that mode in the upcoming FEAR Online.

Talk about laughing and having your heart almost beat out of your chest....that game mode did it time after time after time.  When 3 of us were further ahead,and one member would fall....running all the way back to revive them as that wall was creeping up....with the pounding noise echoing in your head like it's almost time to die!!!!  Then you get up, and HAUL &#!!!!  

Man...some great moments from that game mode.  Heart pounding adrenaline fueled gaming moments.

Using the parkour to add difficulty actually references a point I made in another thread awhile back.

This game needs a mode similar to F.3.A.R.'s mode called F**KING RUN!.  Which actually involved parkour (in the F3AR sense) and platforming plus waves of enemies while running from a wall of death.

Make a unique version of that for this game...and i'd play it every day all day.

I think it took me and 3 other skilled gamers about 7 attempts to finally succeed at one of the maps in that game mode.  We felt so accomplished....like we should have called our parents and told them....it was amazing.

Yeah we have a dire need of such a feeling..... Warframe is an amazing game and we all prolly love it.... but it lacks that feeling..... that 1st place feeling after going through hell and made it back in one piece. Stat variations are no challenge and are utterly boring, that's why people play less and less after reaching "endgame" (which we don't really have).... that's what happens with bullet sponge games.

Yeah we have a dire need of such a feeling..... Warframe is an amazing game and we all prolly love it.... but it lacks that feeling..... that 1st place feeling after going through hell and made it back in one piece. Stat variations are no challenge and are utterly boring, that's why people play less and less after reaching "endgame" (which we don't really have).... that's what happens with bullet sponge games.

YES!  This is it.  The most clear definition of what is wrong with this game in my opinion.

Warframe has all the pieces in place...the game structure is amazing and the Warframes are so awesome.

But with all that, Warframe is lacking that memorable feeling.  That feeling you get from intense matches that leave your palms sweaty and your heart pounding.

I've gotten that feeling in many games...Left 4 Dead...Dark Souls...F3AR....but it's absent from Warframe.  And that's exactly what this game needs.

If you want to leave the power creep in due to the fact that the overhaul would take too much effort, then tailor these endgame game modes to max level characters and go from there, i'd be fine with that.

But we need the heart pounding adrenaline rush feeling....I did get it once in my first mobile defense mission.  So DE is very capable of it.

"What's the point, then? Nightmare mode was described as that thing that is going to appease the folks looking for challenge and instead the general masses are dictating what gets done with it."

There's a difference between challenging (no shields, no abilities, etc) and punishing (no minimap on a spy mission, exterminate, pretty much anything)

But yeah, nightmare mode needs to be an optional thing, not a mode that replaces regular missions (i.e. if I want to run xini, and I want to go for as long as possible, or until a reward I like pops up, I don't want to play it in nightmare mode)

Yeah, no minimap had it's problem just like original vampire mode but the thing is that it doesnt get balanced it just gets chopped.

The first time anyone played vamp mode you should have picked the problem with it, there were going to be times that you have gaps with no enemies and end up dead because of that. I said it from the very first day that these missions need a new spawn pattern to balance this but DE's solution was not being able to die unless killed by the enemy. So Vamp mode went from 'hurry or you die' to ' just dont let your shields be taken down.'  The no minimap just needed some sort of vague indicator telling you a path is leading to a dead end, some sort of ninja senses, "My ninja senses are tingling!"

One of my last no minimap was a spy mission and the whole team ended up carrying one datamass because we all remember one computer location in the Corpus land map we were in. So it was fun and since that map is pretty much one straight line there was little time wasted. And maps being relatively straight in no minimap mode was one of the things i first said when i encountered it because that just makes sense. If you have no map dont have the randomizing thing that picks the stage go that nuts in building maps, have the maps with fewer branches.

But i'm guessing that each condition having it's own spawning or map making parameter might be too much to have in the game just for a couple of missions so they just dump them in the standard cooking and if it works it works and if it doesnt the cutting starts. I mean, no shields with vamp mode is perfect combination because you get health back with every kill. Now this combo with never happen and you will end up in no shields situations where you health is gone until you get a health sphere or use an item..... that is way more difficult. How long till folks start complaining about that?

Oh-half an hour ago

Edited by Mak_Gohae

They add a condition, people complain, it get's taken away.

What's the point, then? Nightmare mode was described as that thing that is going to appease the folks looking for challenge and instead the general masses are dictating what gets done with it.

Instead of just taking away stuff why dont you just simply make it optional? Have an extra node appear next to a normal mission node so folks can skip it if they want. This last update Nightmare mod became a bit more fun, taking out Vay Hek with no shields, energy and vamp mode on was exciting, but now that's gone...

Now that im thinking about it the real problem are the mods....they added these new mods into the game through this mode and, of course, EVERYBODY piled in to get them. So Nightmare mode wasn't just an extra challenge it became "necessary" to get these mods and this is why there is all this crying. So the setup was wrong from the start.

Those mods were suppose to be high level Rare mods for people playing at this level. They help re balance weapons so you can play the game at its highest level. People who farm mercury on rank 30 frames do not need them. This part of nightmare was correct. I disagree with other conditions of Nightmare though. Its a new idea and a very good idea. We expect so much so soon and for it always to be right on the first try. I hope that in time DE do what DE do best and update quickly and re balance as Nightmare is something that sells Warframe to a lot of people who need high level gaming to challenge their gaming needs.

Rare mods are Rare for a reason and should never be obtained easily. 

As they copied one of their favorite games Diablo 3. Why not just go 1 level above and have Hell mode. Level 70 Grineer on Ceres. Then Inferno level 80-85. I'm sure Blizzard wouldn't mind:)