Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan Mergers

Mad5cout

So, I know we have alliances.  But alliances don't allow you to share dojos or resources for research, etc.  There are a number of people who come back to the game after some time away with old clans and dojos.  I personally don't want to lose all this work by simply dissolving my clan and joining another one.  It would be nice if I could retain that hard work by merging with another clan in my alliance.  My thoughts on how it would work:

1.  One clan would essentially "acquire" another one.
2.  The clan being acquired would lose all record of its accomplishments and trophies etc.
3.  The clan being acquired would lose their dojo and all of the resources that had been used to research and build the dojo would be put into the acquiring clan's vault for use on their dojo or research.

There are probably other details to work out but those are the big strokes.  This would also allow smaller clans to merge memberships to compete with larger clans should they so desire.

While I totally agree with this, I think in some ways it could be game breaking. I just really need to think about what those are specifically. Then there are the issues that surround dojo admin of the combined dojo etc. 

So many things could change in dojos and alliances - but not knowing all the back end numbers makes it hard to fully understand why. I recently gave my alliance to another clan in the alliance I created and it was seamless via support. That said I lost all my Alliance credits to them. 

• 4 weeks later...

In my mind, when a merger happens, one clan would basically defer to another.  The mother clan would retain their leadership and dojo.  The acquired clan's dojo would be destroyed and the materials used to create it would be transferred to the mother clan's vault.  The acquired clan would basically become new members of the mother clan.  I am assuming mergers would negotiate some type of standing with the new clan.

The main problem would be with clans that poach others for their resources - merging to get the materials and then kicking all of the members of the acquired clan afterward.  I think this could be solved with strong reporting and punishment protocols.  Clans caught doing this would be dissolved, the leadership banned, and the victim clan restored to its original form.

Edited by Mad5cout