The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Extreme Lag Since Newest Updates

AriAbnormal93

So, my boyfriend who also plays Warframe just recently did the update for the Personal Quarters and the new Ghoul enemies in the Plains of Eidolon. Ever since the update, though, it’s impossible for him to even play the game, which is frustrating for both of us, because we work together on it. Even when he’s still onboard the orbiter, it just lags out so hard that nothing can be done. He can’t even pull up his navigations, and if he does manage to get into a match, he can’t do anything there. 

Has anyone else been experiencing this issue?? And if so, is there any possible way of resolving it? 

Oh, you, too? It has been like that for last few months for me. It has been so bad that I haven't been able to do Orokin rifts without getting host migrated back to orbiter right after the extraction and I lose all my rewards and the relic.

This has been going on for months.

Region is set to EU (I am Finnish), ping limit is 150, network analysis is fine, I have manually opened the ports from the router, ping is fine... What the hell?
Every other game runs fine and without issues.

It is definitely not my rig: i7 Skylake 6700K, 16GB RAM, MSI GeForce GTX1070 16GB, connection 110/10Mbps ADSL2+

Edited by SoanoS

All this is caused by the Engine. I had this problem since i startet to play this game (4 Years). I thought with POE he would implement DX12 or Vulkan but nothing... the problem is that the Engine isnt programmed to work with more than 1 or 2 Cores and this causes that the CPU cant provide more frames to render for the GPU as it needs because these 1 or 2 cores are under full load to handle the frames that the GPU wanna have and this is why you only have 50fps or lower when you use older hardware esspecially an older CPU. And before someone says "omg you $&*#^% you can activate Multi-Threaded Rendering by the Launcher options" I can say that to those: the only thing changes by activating this option is that exactly the same load is only shared among all cores and the CPU and brings nearly no more fps or more utilization. Only DX12 or Vulkan API can fully utilizate a CPU when the GPU isnt then the bottleneck.

I hoped so much that one of these API's would implemented in the Game but i think that would never be happen :(

Edited by -Morioh-
Posted in wrong Thread

16 hours ago, -Morioh- said:

All this is caused by the Engine.

I though we are not talking about frame drops and video lag. This topic is about NETWORK problems causing disconnects, nonworking doors, host migrations and general flakiness of the MM.

Sorry to say but your frame rate issues are irrelevant to the thread. They are most unfortunate though.