Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Colors For Credits!

Gashx

I've been thinking about this idea for a while now. Colors for credits! Not everyone has the money to buy platinum to buy just colors. So I was thinking that maybe making color packs able for purchase with credits would open up many possibilities for players that don't have the money in their pockets, making gameplay more enjoyable with the ability to express their artistic ability to customize with more colors. 
Just a thought.

Colors are one of the things in the game I don't hesitate to spend platinum on.

If not for that I wouldn't be buying any platinum at all.

So I highly doubt it.

your a master, you buy platinum? how would you ever run out?

Edited by AlienTetris

I do agree with the OP, but only to a certain extent. For example, it would be nice to get the full classic palette right off the bat, and maybe have the saturated palette available for (a large amount of) credits, but I wouldn't push for any of the "advanced" colour palettes to be purchasable with credits.

Edited by CrazyCanadian24

Cosmetics (At least, sentinel accessories and colours.) are one of the few things that should only be obtainable via platinum. They're aesthetic; they don't affect the gameplay at all.

This. DE has to monetize this game somehow since its f2p and honestly i prefer paying for cosmetics if it helps keep the game from going full-pay-win (which would be a shame since this game is really good) Just look at LoL that game practically only sells skins and it is doing quite well.

I've been thinking about this idea for a while now. Colors for credits! Not everyone has the money to buy platinum to buy just colors. So I was thinking that maybe making color packs able for purchase with credits would open up many possibilities for players that don't have the money in their pockets, making gameplay more enjoyable with the ability to express their artistic ability to customize with more colors. 

Just a thought.

Cosmetics should never be free. They are not core items and therefore, not necessary for playing. If you want them buy them.

There is no need to give them away for actually nothing. It isnt charity....

Sorry OP but no, absolutely not. It takes hundreds of thousands of man hours to put together a title like Warframe. The servers alone probably cost at least tens of thousands of dollars, and that's not even considering taxes, legal fees, salaries, advertisements, ect ect. Devs have got to cover the bills or the producer/s will pull out and the game will be over. Very very simple dollars and cents. And out of everything that could be for sale, color options is one of the most harmless because as stated above, it does not effect game play.

In your defense the phrase "free to play" is complete poppykok. What it really should be called is "free infinite trail." Honestly, if you like the game cough of a few bucks. You don't even have to spend your plat if you don't want to but the team that put all this together deserves something for their efforts. And we as the consumers do not have to take the risk of buying a new $60 game, getting it home, and hating it.

Take a look at this. http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/so-you-want-to-be-an-indie That will give you some idea of what it takes to make a small indie title on a budget. Multiply those concepts exponentially to get to a AAA title like this game.

Besides all that logic,....

"If you're good at something, never do it for free." - The Joker

Edited by Carcharias