Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Everyone On Dial-Up

Alynis

I have my ping setting for matchmaking at 300, an amount i deem unplayable in just about every situation. Yet i find it impossible to find groups no matter what region i'm in. If i were to set my ping to 400+ (or the ungodly option of unlimited) i end up in games that are so laggy you cant even tell whats going on, enemies standing still, a cloud of gunfire and absolute confusion. Is there something i can do to fix this? Am i just forced to play solo or accept the fact that even though i pay a fortune for internet i have to play on dial-up speeds?

That's "IF" you have an amazing internet connection.

Well, he does say that he pays a fortune for internet. I think this is a safe assumption to make.

Am i just forced to play solo or accept the fact that even though i pay a fortune for internet i have to play on dial-up speeds?

It has been this way for a while.  I have my Ping limit set on 300 as well (I couldn't find any matches if I set it to 200).  The lack of viable groups is caused by multiple factors, including:

1. Optimization - from what I have heard, the host's ping is heavily effected by their processor (as well as their internet speed), and if there is a slowdown in the host's client due to overuse of particle effects or ragdoll physics (among other things), then every other player will experience massive bursts of lag. 

2. World-Wide Matchmaking - I live in America, and every once in awhile I'll get into matches where some of the players calim to either be European or Australian.  That setup pretty much assures lag. 

3. Clan Runners / Soloers - without dedicated servers, a lot of people with slower internets don't want to wait around for a decent host, and therefore just solo a majority of the time.  Clan runners (a term I believe I just now made up) are people who only run group content with their clan-mates, for various reasons.  Neither of these two groups of people contribute to the number of available sessions, making the game world appear more solitary than it otherwise would be (I'm not saying that's a problem per-say, just that it does influence things). 

Edited by Ganpot

So if i want to host with my internet speed, do i just enter alone and wait for people to join or is there a setting to prefer me as a host?

If you want to host, you have to enter the lobby for a match, and wait for others to join your squad.  You could also start the match, but after the 1st objective is completed, no one else can enter the game (so don't rush). 

If you want to host, you have to enter the lobby for a match, and wait for others to join your squad.  You could also start the match, but after the 1st objective is completed, no one else can enter the game (so don't rush). 

Yeah, hosting's a pretty good opportunity to loot, that's for sure.

I have amazing internet speeds yet every time i host i get complaints of lag. And I also always have lag issues connecting to others. thought it was just me. Shouldnt each client be carrying its own share of the load not leaving everything to the host. there has to be a way to cut back on lag.