Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Webpage no longer accepting valid credentials

FierceRadiance

I run several different browsers, depending on how seriously I want to hide myself. I have the different browsers configured to grant me different levels of privacy: i.e., they run different Javascript blockers, tracking blockers, and ad blockers.

All of that said, my Pale Moon Firefox clone appears to have recently begun running afoul of a programing change on the WF website, which is prohibiting me from entering the site with my valid login credentials while using that browser. All this browser runs is a Javascript blocker (NoScript).

This clone is not the most current version of Pale Moon. But this same out-of-date version and script-blocker has had no issues logging into the website until a couple of weeks ago. Starting roughly around Thanksgiving, I enter my valid credentials, satisfy the CAPTCHA, and then get a message which says "Invalid Email/Password". When I use a less-protective browser, these same credentials are accepted without issue. Clearly, despite the error message, the issue isn't with my credentials.

Please review your recent changes to the website, and see if some new addition is incorrectly preventing valid users from entering. The problem could be on my end, but since nothing has changed in my browser configuration recently, I suspect the problem is on your end, possibly involving a Javascript.

(The easy answer would be to simply dump the problem back on your users - 'Use a different browser/stop blocking our scripts' or something similar. I hope you won't stoop to this, as it presupposes that visitors to the site have an obligation to leave themselves open and vulnerable to what use you wish to make of them. I respectfully disagree with this philosophy.)

• 4 weeks later...