Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Great sound design.

yogmesh

I've got to say that the weapon sound design in Warframe is excellent, and I keep hearing new nuisances. 

I finally got around to crafting the Twin Basolk, and whilst playing I could hear a subtle/familiar sound after each swing, and after listening I realised it was the sound of the rotating blades spinning down. It would have been so easy to go with a generic "woosh" sound for swinging these axes, but adding the sound of a circular saw blade spinning down shows a real attention to detail. Another weapon that caught my ear was the Argonak. As the weapon gets lower on ammo, the very faint clicking sound gets gradually louder to warn you that you are running out.

Now that I've started hearing the depth of the sound design, I'll be keeping an ear out for some of the other subtleties I've missed.

Great work guys.

Edited by yogmesh

The sound changing as the end of the clip is getting near is actually a feature in a lot of the later auto rifles. Pretty neat thing to have.

I still love it how, in most cases, you can know what weapon someone is using just by the sound alone. Even between the standard and prime versions.