Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ghouls... My wish for future incursion...

Me.Greedy

SO... the ghoul bounty is a boring and yet slightly necessary introduction to the new enemies. i don't really have a complaint about them being added to the game, they are a fun enemy type (except that melee still causes cold explosion... lame) ... but lets look into the future about how the ghouls should really work as a recurring incursion:

BUM RUSH THAT DAMN CETUS GATE YOU GHOUL BASTARDS!

and the community must destroy 10,000,000 ghouls to save cetus in "X" number of days. enemies should start about level 20 and the game mode can be endless (every 5 minutes, lotus comes on saying, "more tenno have arrived to help, if you need to recover for a bit, extract.") and i'm talking about MASSIVE swarms of ghouls... and if you stay long enough (more than 20) and the alphas will start to stack up, after 40min, nasty Ogmas and Firblogs show up to make life really hell. 

drop tables can keep the Hunter Mod group with the standard survival reward system. 

IF the tenno save cetus we are rewarded with 3 days of double ostron standing gain and a reactor/catalyst/exilus

IF we lose then Cetus is abandoned and you'll have to make an escape drop ship with all your NPCs and just give us a liset intro to drop us into the plains without our beloved market city bustling with hope.

Anyways, i just want to kill MASS amounts of ghoul, and i want to protect the cetus gate... if not this way, some other way. PLEASE DE make this happen!

This is the sort of thing i'd like to see. The plains are a nice addition, but I feel like the amount of enemies is a bit lacking, having full regiments of Grineer with mortars raining down, ships dropping in reinforcements and whatnot in crazy numbers would be fun

Perhaps instead of having it be completely levelled, we would have an event about defending it, then if it falls we could have one about retaking it from the Grineer.

. I'd like to see some sort of outer defences that we have to defend before, perhaps AA guns at first to stop Firbolgs and Ogmas from pushing forwards, but getting slowly pushed back. Being pushed back if we don't defend certain points would be good and ending in a last stand in the gateway room if it goes wrong. I think having a fight inside Cetus if it falls would be pretty sweet as well.

I just imagine the Ghouls coming from under the shield that surrounds Cetus and into the market grounds, as I wonder what lies beneath Cetus.

That could be cool, that the next event pertaining to the Ghouls, is fighting beneath Cetus to keep them from reaching the surface and harming the people topside, as Konzu is often commenting on a lost hunting party outside the wall, doing the bounties that the real threat is from deep below.

I also like this idea from @Me.Greedy. I daresay DE missed an opportunity to introduce the ghouls to us where they were storming the Cetus gate. But it can still happen. I also like the idea from @RabidBunny where we'd first have to protect (and maybe even set up) tower defenses surrounding the Cetus perimeter. and then as a last stand, have a fairly large domain just outside the Cetus gate as a endless survival mission of sorts.

The rewards however, should be dynamic, perhaps with some scaling as well? so the longer you stay, the better the drop table becomes?

#CetusDefenseherewecome!

EDIT: also i feel like Incursion may give the wrong idea. because right now an "incursion" is just one of those random missions you may or may not choose to do while out on the plains. I want this to be a full scale event!

Edited by Church002

i don't really want a full scale event because then we may never see it again... i would prefer it to be recurring, were every 4 months or so the grineer have cloned a new army and are set to try again. I want to do this more than just a 10 day event, because honestly like most things warframe, you will burn out on it before long... but that doesn't mean you don't want to do it again in a few months. 

DE are you listening?... this has a chance to be epic. !!!!