Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Raptor Needs To Get Nerfed

milky-venom

Raptor needs to get scrapped as he is the worst boss in the game.

Yeah, pretty much. Veteran players bring a Frost or a Loki (or both, because they've played long enough to be in a well-established clan) and kill it with ease. Newer players get 1shotted and hope they can find a public match with a Frost or Loki kind enough to revive them if they get 1shotted and carry them through.

edit: Seriously, anyone from DE: try running the Raptor 40 times in a row in public games. It's a trivially easy fight if you have access to Loki or Frost, annoyingly difficult if you don't, and nearly impossible if you're new to the game.

Edited by litlir

Invisibility, Smoke bomb, snow globe, chaos, slash dash / super jump / rhino charge, iron skin, silence, sonar, overheat, null star, bullet attractor, molt, speed, vortex. <<<< These skills helps alot with raptor or any other situation, boss. They arent pro if they are having dificulties using their own skills, they are not smart enough, very simple :)

He deals a lot of damage but there are tricks to it. For a start, the key is to take him out from a distance, and always be ready to take cover from the missiles. 

Once you get the hang of him hes really not so bad

I agree, but they should lessen the smoke screen. You can't attack him directly (while shielded with SG) while blinded by its missiles'  smoke.

Speaking as someone that keeps having their &amp;#&#33; kicked by the Raptor, Raptor doesn't need to get Nerfed, you need to get better.

That being said, the bugs that involve him flying all the way off of the battlefield, and those that involve his loot just running where the hell ever out of reach?  Those are still things, and those totally need to be nerfed.  :\

Raptor needs to get scrapped as he is the worst boss in the game.

This.

Raptor isn't a good boss in any aspect.

Giving bosses ridiculous 1 shot kills is not a way to make a boss interesting or difficult. It just gives the illusion of difficulty, and as soon as people realise this, they instantly realise how terrible it is.

Being 1 shot by some stupid flying Osprey isn't enjoyable at all, it's frustrating.

Dark souls is a perfect example. Supremely hard, but fair. Hard, but fair.

Get banshee and rhino. Banshee gives a weakspot via Sonar, Rhino boosts power and stomps, stuns him for 9 secs and you shoot him down in the meantine.

bring a nova too, always wanted to try sonar, roar and prime(increases damage taken)

This.

Raptor isn't a good boss in any aspect.

Giving bosses ridiculous 1 shot kills is not a way to make a boss interesting or difficult. It just gives the illusion of difficulty, and as soon as people realise this, they instantly realise how terrible it is.

Being 1 shot by some stupid flying Osprey isn't enjoyable at all, it's frustrating.

Dark souls is a perfect example. Supremely hard, but fair. Hard, but fair.

There are many one-shotting enemies in Dark Souls,Raptor is a powerfull boss!You know why?Because you actually have to DODGE him...oh,soryy don´t know what that means Mr.1000 shields?Go and find out a strategy!Only thing they need to fix about him is his drops.

There are many one-shotting enemies in Dark Souls,Raptor is a powerfull boss!You know why?Because you actually have to DODGE him...oh,soryy don´t know what that means Mr.1000 shields?Go and find out a strategy!Only thing they need to fix about him is his drops.

Rofl.

Ok.

1. No need to be condescending.

2. Did I ever say that I had massive issues with Raptor? No. I can beat him. That doesn't change the fact that it's an awful boss.

3. You're telling me that I need to dodge Raptor's missiles? If you sprint as fast as you can, they still hit you. 

The current basic strategy for Raptor is snowglobe and spray. Either that or hide out in the greenhouse.

4. What enemies in Dark Souls can 1 shot you?

Unless you have 10 Vitality and try to take out the Hellkite Drake, you shouldn't be getting 1 shot by anything. Especially if you dodge or have your shield up.

The only enemy I can think off the top of my head is the enemies that backstab you. And you shouldn't be getting backstabbed by enemies anyway..

5. Do you honestly think that Raptor is an intuitive boss? 10 minutes of thought probably went into its creation.

Jesus, after reading through your post again, I don't even know why I'm replying.

You're either a troll, 12 years old, or both.

Seriously.