The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Setup For Lanka

Leriel

Question

Have four forma on my Lanka already, I was wondering which mod setup would have a good sustained dps against all the factions of T3 enemies.

Build1

Serration

Split Chamber

Cryo Rounds

HellFire

Vital Sense

Piercing Hit

Point Strike

Storm bringer

Build2

Serration

Split Chamber

Cryo Rounds

Point Strike

Vital Sense

Speed Trigger

HellFire

Piercing Hit

Build3

Serration

Split Chamber

Cryo Rounds

Point Strike

Vital Sense

Piercing Hit

HellFire

Wild Fire

Build4

Serration

Split Chamber

Cryo Rounds

Vital Sense

Point Strike

Piercing Hit

Hammer Shot

Speed Trigger/HellFire

Rank of the mods are maxed out.

Also, what's the difference in term of raw damage output in a single shot between the 2 following sets of builds. (assuming the shot have 100% critical chance) + mods are at max rank

(A) Serration, Split Chamber, Cryo Rounds, Piercing Hit, Vital Sense, Hammer Shot, Hellfire, Charged Chamber/Wild Fire

and

(B) Serration, Split Chamber, Cryo Rounds, Piercing Hit, Vital Sense, Hammer Shot, Hellfire, Stormbringer

5 answers to this question

I'd say build 2 or build 4, the speed trigger is a must if you want to spam head shots with this weapon.With those builds you just switch between stormbringer and hellfire depending on what you fight.

You should be able to one shot most of the trashy mobs in T3 ( lv 120 and + ) but fusion MOAS, ancient and heavy gunners will always take a few more shots.

I'd only consider putting charged chamber only if you reload often. Some people only reload once they empty the 10 bullet clip but I always reload my Lanka when I have the opportunity ( even when I still have 9 shots left ) and this is where the charged chamber shines.

Edited by 0Frank0

IMHO there are really two "best" options for maximum dmg

serration

split chamber

speed trigger

cryo rounds

piercing strike

those 5 are "mandatory"

then the last 3 could be any 3 of the following

point strike

vital sense

hammer shot

^^^^^ for max crits

wildfire

hellfire

stormbringer

^^^^^ for max +elem flat dmg

im leaving out primed chamber and the banes (becuz if you have primed it prolly goes into the mandatory list and i dont like the banes, there are more maximized builds versus faction specific, but i want a jack of all trades build myself)

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

IMHO there are really two "best" options for maximum dmg

serration

split chamber

speed trigger

cryo rounds

piercing strike

those 5 are "mandatory"

then the last 3 could be any 3 of the following

point strike

vital sense

hammer shot

^^^^^ for max crits

wildfire

hellfire

stormbringer

^^^^^ for max +elem flat dmg

im leaving out primed chamber and the banes (becuz if you have primed it prolly goes into the mandatory list and i dont like the banes, there are more maximized builds versus faction specific, but i want a jack of all trades build myself)

Personally, I rank the critical mods (Point Strike, Vital Sense, and Hammer Shot) higher on the priority list of what mods to add onto the Lanka. Cryo Rounds are nice, but the critical mods are what make the Lanka lethal, especially since damage per hit  is more important than damage per second on the sniping weapons.

Here's my personal build (which adds mods in this order):

Serration (12 -> 6)

Split Chamber (15 -> 8)

Piercing Hit (9 -> 5)

Speed Trigger (9)

Point Strike (9)

Vital Sense (9)

Hammer Shot (9)

These seven mods burn up 55 mod capacity of the 60 mod capacity available, which means you need to forma the Lanka at least 3 times on top of the supercharge. I'm torn between deciding between which one of these two mods take for the last mod slot:

Cyro Rounds (9 -> 5) or Sniper Ammo Mutation (7 -> 4)

The pros of Cryo Rounds are that I gain the slowdown effect and more damage, but the cons are that I would need to forma my Lanka 2 more times (impossible to fit in a max Serration and Cryo Rounds). Then again, I can save a forma by leaving Cryo Rounds at Rank 4 instead of 5.

The pros of Sniper Ammo Mutation are that I essentially never run out of sniper ammo, but the cons are that I would need to forma my Lanka 1 more time and I can't do as much damage. Then again, I never run out of sniper ammo with the mod being at its base rank, so it's possible that I'm finished with polarizing the Lanka.

Thoughts?

Edited by ChaoticVice777