Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Twitch Integration Feature Doc from 2017

Greetings Warframe community! 

(tldr version: here's a doc I wrote in 2017 that the team received but did not use regarding Twitch integration.)

I'm happy to share with you all a document which I wrote last year related to Twitch integration for Warframe. I wrote this as a follow-up to TwitchCon 2016, where I met the team in attendance after a panel about integrating games with Twitch. After talking about some of the possibilities, I offered to share my thoughts and feedback on various ways in which Warframe could be integrated with Twitch. After taking a few months to gather my thoughts (since I was stupid busy at the time with work and streaming) I wrote up a document detailing a variety of features and systems which the Warframe devs could use to add meaningful and interesting twitch features to the game, and submitted it via direct email. 

I was glad to see Twitch integration features coming when they did, but it wasn't until TwitchCon 2017 that I was informed that the team decided not to read it and utilize it initially, because they wanted to approach it fresh and see what they could come up with on their own first. I totally get that, and as a game designer myself I understand the desire to make my own vision happen instead of doing what someone else suggests first. After talking with the team, we determined it would be fine to share the doc with the Warframe community for discussion and assessment.

So, here it is, unaltered since January 18 2017: Warframe Twitch Integration

Goals for Twitch integration, successful examples from other products, points of integration for Warframe, and making use of streaming features, are the main sections. Enjoy!