Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Uranus Relay is a real drag *spoilers inside*

dirthurts

I just finished the Uranas relay, and with all certainty the requirements of this relay and the planet as a whole needs some work.

Being forced to search for caches in a huge, convoluted map, using nothing but mele weapons for multiple missions, scanning for drones,  and things like this, these feel like busy work. Why not put something more clever and rewarding on there? I like finding the drones, but why not put them as the focal point of a mission at the end of a node? Why not have an even that strips your weapons at another. These things could be worked into the story to be far more enjoyable and less of a grind.

Also, Uranus as a whole with it's awkward water physics, confusing assassination battle, and hard to exit water surfaces and the like need a lot of work. This could easily be the planet that prevents a lot of players from continuing, just because it isn't fun or interesting.

Just my thoughts on the planet.

Why did you put relay in the title, i mean does uranus evene have a relay?

13 minutes ago, dirthurts said:

Being forced to search for caches in a huge, convoluted map,

Uranus is not the only one on this.

14 minutes ago, dirthurts said:

using nothing but mele weapons for multiple missions

Why tho?

14 minutes ago, dirthurts said:

confusing assassination battle, and hard to exit water surfaces and the like need a lot of work. This could easily be the planet that prevents a lot of players from continuing, just because it isn't fun or interesting.

i is called dificult son. Just bullet jump.

Just now, (Xbox One)MerlyBR said:

Why did you put relay in the title, i mean does uranus evene have a relay?

Uranus is not the only one on this.

Why tho?

i is called dificult son. Just bullet jump.

There is a relay leading out of Uranus. These are some of the requirements.

Why mele only? If there is a squad with you, you're basically impeding progress by limiting your arsenal.

It's not a difficult battle, it's just confusing. He disappears, bounces around, and it's difficult to tell what exactly is happening. There is little in the way of technique involved. it's trivial. You're dumped in the water (Once my frame wouldn't leave the water and I died), and overall it's just not a great battle.

5 minutes ago, dirthurts said:

I think that's next on my list after Natah.

The quest is kinda worth the effort imho.

A lot of the more powerful builds are for melee (some straight up break the game), so people usually have that one melee weapon they like to run with. The requirements for the Uranus junction (iirc) typically involve you playing the game. Some of the earlier ones are more egregious in this regard as you end up waiting outside the game. 

1 minute ago, MillbrookWest said:

The quest is kinda worth the effort imho.

A lot of the more powerful builds are for melee (some straight up break the game), so people usually have that one melee weapon they like to run with. The requirements for the Uranus junction (iirc) typically involve you playing the game. Some of the earlier ones are more egregious in this regard as you end up waiting outside the game. 

you're probably right. The pay off is great (and it pushes you through the story) but why must the work be so dull?

It would have been more enjoyable if I had changed frames, but I was in the process of leveling one up (Valkyr) and didn't want to switch out.

41 minutes ago, dirthurts said:

I just finished the Uranas relay, and with all certainty the requirements of this relay and the planet as a whole needs some work.

Being forced to search for caches in a huge, convoluted map, using nothing but mele weapons for multiple missions, scanning for drones,  and things like this, these feel like busy work. Why not put something more clever and rewarding on there? I like finding the drones, but why not put them as the focal point of a mission at the end of a node? Why not have an even that strips your weapons at another. These things could be worked into the story to be far more enjoyable and less of a grind.

Also, Uranus as a whole with it's awkward water physics, confusing assassination battle, and hard to exit water surfaces and the like need a lot of work. This could easily be the planet that prevents a lot of players from continuing, just because it isn't fun or interesting.

Just my thoughts on the planet.

It's a junction, not a relay, to put, it's to make a tedious thing, but it's there cause there are players that can't do those apparently, it's not too descriptive being an issue here.

Oculyst are just there, finding caches are annoying in uranus since a chance of spawning in the waters is possible, weapon stripping's probably due to sorties which is far ahead and the rest of the junctions are a joke.

The water physics are eh, the assassination's one of the easiest here, the first being phorid. Water transitions do need some work; players just skip this as it's easy to avoid. It does not prevent a lot of players from progressing at all, a tedium that is felt earlier before uranus.

Edited by Inanegrain62