Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Mission Aborting

Paptimus

As it stands right now aborting the mission hardly brings any downsides, when in reality it should as you are leaving a mission given to you by your superior(lore-wise at least) and i know you dont keep the stuff you get, but people who abort never wanted to keep those in the first place, they want to try to get an item, if they dont, they abort to they can try again faster, possibly screwing other players if they happen to be the host.

So my suggestion is, make people have a timer after they abort, say, 3-5 minute timer, where they wont be able to go  into any missions until thats done, because as it is right now, farming bosses is done faster by those who abort the missions than by those who do it all the way through and that just feels wrong.

1. "Oh but i had an emergency and had to abort"

Then 3-5 minutes shouldn't be a problem.

2. "But i was just trying to squeeze a few more runs before leaving for work/school/psychological treatment"

then please, do it SOLO, where theres no chance you'll screw others up.

I would like this suggestion.  I also like another suggestion that was suggested by someone else in a different thread:
If you abort more than 2 or 3 times in say 30 minutes to an hour your drop rate should lower by X% for X hours or so.  If you continue to abort they keep stacking until you just aren't getting anything from any drops.

They can still play all of the missions they want...they just wont be getting what they are trying to speed run to get.

And why after 2 or 3 times?  Because you usually wont encounter a bug that forces you to quit 3 missions in 30 minutes or so.

I'm okay with that. It punishes people who run bosses for bps solo for millionth time (like me). It would just increase my "mission failed" counter instead of "missions quit" as I would just suicide to the nearest pack of enemies as it is still way faster than running to extraction 3 times the distance it took to reach the boss