Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Index outstays its welcome

Grimlar

Been playing The Index a bit recently, and I would just like to point out the main issue I have with it in its current form and suggest a couple of alternatives.

The biggest problem I have is you go in to the mission, get some kills hand in the green gems and everything is fine until you reach your wager total. And then you realise that you have basically won the match and you have to wait for another four minutes or so for the match to finish.

Even if you collect a pile of gems and go stand by the enemy hand in point it is unlikely to shorten the waiting time that much. (Sorry to bring it up, but the AI will take too long to kill you, probably wont pick up all the gems, and will probably attack your team mates rather than hand the gems in.)

As such, I would like to suggest a relatively fixed end point, , whether the match becomes first to reach 25,50 gems or runs for a fixed duration, ie five minutes i dont really mind, but it shouldnt be about waiting for four or five minutes doing nothing, trying to prevent your side trying to score, or trying to help the enemy to score.

There used to be other versions of the Index/Rathuum gametypes, until DE removed them.
I don't see why DE should've removed them besides them being a source of credits, but they must realize that Index/Rathuum enemies are difficult for many to face, depending on the weapons and frames deployed.

If there was enough of a following for this 'arena/coliseum' gametype and if they banded together to tell DE to bring back those variants then we'd have stability.

In fact the variants DID HAVE limited time/score, which were higher with each successive difficulty:
Low, Medium, and High -risk investments respectively. The version DE have overriden these options with is the Endless version.

Rathuum however does not have such credit rewards, and thus is mostly left to it's lowest difficulty for farming points and then farming Kela for mods and parts.

there should just be a "Cash-out" button somewhere on the index maps(probably on the Tenno team's side, next to the goal), whenever a tenno wants to leave The Index after reaching the wager target, they can just hit the button,(could even make it a series of hacks to unlock) and whoever hits it leaves with all of the rewards they earned.

Edited by pokeyoface