Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Suggestion To Add Difficulty For Gameplay(Meaningful Way, Not Random Nm Mode)

cary2010haha

Why people always think Warframe is too easy now? Mods are too powerful and make everything easier and easier.

Lets see if we just use 30 mod points to go T3, see what's its difficulty.

Enemies are more hard right! But we can't just ask ppl don't use mod and i won't suggest "just use less mod to gain more difficulty.", that's silly and no one will follow.

What i suggest is DE input a reward system, every time you level up a Weapon/Warframe to lvl 30, you gain a "Elite mod"

What's a "Elite mod"?

1. "Elite mod" is a mod to increase drop rate mod.

2. Every time you level up a Weapon/Warframe to lvl 30 you random gain "one of these" mod:

-increase boss drop 10%

-increase resources drop 10%

-increase mod drop 10%

-add Nightmare mod drop rate 0.5%

-Multiplier the kills by 15%(for leaderboard)

3. "Elite mod" can use by Warframe/Weapon both.

4. "Elite mod" only affect the drop rate by the way you kill(When you secondary use "Elite mod"and use primarily to kill it won't increase the drop rate)

5. "Elite mod"cost 0 mod points and can't be fusion lvl up.

6. same kinds of "Elite mod" can stack and multi-use on same weapon/warframe, it use to consume your mod slots to increase drop rates .

7. also can use on aura slot. "Elite mod" that use on Aura slot affect to all weapon and teammates, stack the effect like aura itself. (kill multiplier will not stack)

8. "Elite mod" also can gain by use forma and lvl the weapon/warframe back to 30.

By input these reward mods, now players have reason to use less mod to feel more difficulty "by their choice", but not a random system. 

And this a Win-win way, people also have more reason to lvl their weapon and use formas.

Let's discuss!!!!

4/8/2013 0800

new suggest, for giving those already got "everythings needed" 's player reason to use these mods , adding multiplier to kill scores, weaker the EQ they use, raising the rank of the leaderboard faster(maybe not).

I didn't really like this suggest, but some responses are right, for those "gear topest players" "Elite mod" isn't interested them enough. 

Edited by Cary2010haha

this is acually a really good idea, i cant poke any holes in it, if all its ment to do is add difficulty and drop rates at the expense of a modslot, it sounds well worth it. although it would make master theif and loot radar obsolite. but to be honest thoose really werent even worth the mod slots

So what you're saying is: For those of us who have high lvl gear and mods - lets not use those mods but have "elite mods" that basicly is just a boost to get those mods that we already have faster...while not using the ones we have.

Uhm yeah...I think I'll stick with the mods I have and leave this to rott.

Resources isn't something that is lacking for players who already have high lvl gear.

The only situation these might be of use is when a somewhat new player gets one, or when searching for that "one missing mod".

To increase difficulity the enemies need better AI, thougher armor, higher HP and more damage on their weapons. More challanging puzzels, elements of acctual CO-OP something that this game clames to have but in 99% of the game is completly missing.

The "rush in guns blazing" standard of this game calls for the stupid enemies to be there, but if you want it to be harder tactics needs to be put into this game.

Resources isn't something that is lacking for players who already have high lvl gear.

Which is, what, 10% of the playerbase? Less?

It's a good idea. It may not be useful for people who already have a surplus of materials, and thus don't need to grind for them, but they're not the only players in the game.

Which is, what, 10% of the playerbase? Less?

It's a good idea. It may not be useful for people who already have a surplus of materials, and thus don't need to grind for them, but they're not the only players in the game.

But they will probably be the ones complaining about difficulity and the ones who have the maxed gear.

This is basicly just a "mf-mod", it's a quickfix that in the (not even) long run will only make the game easier for more people.

Good for them. That doesn't mean S#&$.

Except that it is what the topic is about. The game being easy and all, remeber?

So. lets say you lvl your stuff to 30 with potatoe, then you get a "elite mod" that increases droprate.

You then equip that mod replacing a random one - giving you less power.

You find more mods making your frame more powerfull. (ranking up the ones you have).

Back where you started.

Get the point?

So what you're saying is: For those of us who have high lvl gear and mods - lets not use those mods but have "elite mods" that basicly is just a boost to get those mods that we already have faster...while not using the ones we have.

Uhm yeah...I think I'll stick with the mods I have and leave this to rott.

The only situation these might be of use is when a somewhat new player gets one, or when searching for that "one missing mod".

To increase difficulity the enemies need better AI, thougher armor, higher HP and more damage on their weapons. More challanging puzzels, elements of acctual CO-OP something that this game clames to have but in 99% of the game is completly missing.

The "rush in guns blazing" standard of this game calls for the stupid enemies to be there, but if you want it to be harder tactics needs to be put into this game.

DE always add new buildings for dojo and many very rare mods, you will always have reason to use those "Elite mod"i think, many rank 11 didn't get their "Retribution" mod. And resources are always not enough.

of cuz increase AI is a long-term way and need to be done. What i suggest is a easy way by not re-code the whole program, but also can increase the difficulty

Elite mod suggest is just for players to have reason to remove few mods to balance the difficult of the game. .

Except that it is what the topic is about. The game being easy and all, remeber?

So. lets say you lvl your stuff to 30 with potatoe, then you get a "elite mod" that increases droprate.

You then equip that mod replacing a random one - giving you less power.

You find more mods making your frame more powerfull. (ranking up the ones you have).

Back where you started.

Get the point?

This is why i say "player choice" but not "system random", you can always use "Elite mod" or use none of them, not like NM mode they spawn in random map and with unknown rules, players can adjustment the difficulty level as they want.  You can't use all "Elite mod" in 8 slots to complete a lvl50 mission(this may not ture), but as less mods use use you gain greater reward, and Warframe is always updating, you will never "already get everything needed".

Trust me this won't make you "back where you start", equipment may the same but player skills not.

Even with the addition of new rooms in dojos, frames and weapons resources are pretty easy to get. Now there is even alerts with the hard-to-get ones. So, you might not be a player sitting on a huge pile of 450 morphics like me. But it isn't hard to make anything in this game. not even the Lanka with 100 fieldronsamples required is hard. Timeconsuming yes, but noway hard.

I agree with Mietz - this is killing itself.

The thing with not having everything is that you will probably keep coming back. It's not impossible to get Retribution, rage, heavy impact or hammer shot or what ever mod that you're missing. It's a grind. And while that is boring in its own it can hardly be considered hard.

This will increase power-creep even more. People will gain more stuff quicker and DE will need to add more content faster.

This is shooting yourself in the foot.

even with 110% drop rates, chance still very very low for those rare items, and i add a new thing" multiplier kill score" these can let those who want to raise their rank on leaderboard faster's player and other reason to use these mods.

I remeber. I remeber very well.

The topic's about difficulty, but difficulty is not something constrained to people with end-game gear and fifty-times forma'd gear and a dozen potatoes stuck up the &#! of their favoured warframe. It's something that should be implemented across all stages of a game.

In this case, the proposal is something that would make the game more challenging for mid-to-high-level players. Not maxed out players, sure, but everyone below that (and above the low levels, before a player can hit Rank 30 on a given piece of gear) would benefit from it.

Although personally, I'd have proposed a system wherein you could increase both the number of mods/resources dropped, and the rarity of mods/resources dropped, at the cost of power- making the process of getting to high ranks both more challenging and easier. In sacrificing the mod space that you might otherwise place Continuity in, you can double your chances of getting Rare 5 Fusion Cores, for example, or increase the chance of getting things like Hell's Chamber mods from T3 Defence missions.

Even with the addition of new rooms in dojos, frames and weapons resources are pretty easy to get. Now there is even alerts with the hard-to-get ones. So, you might not be a player sitting on a huge pile of 450 morphics like me. But it isn't hard to make anything in this game. not even the Lanka with 100 fieldronsamples required is hard. Timeconsuming yes, but noway hard.

I agree with Mietz - this is killing itself.

The thing with not having everything is that you will probably keep coming back. It's not impossible to get Retribution, rage, heavy impact or hammer shot or what ever mod that you're missing. It's a grind. And while that is boring in its own it can hardly be considered hard.

i suggested a new function for "Elite mod", multiplier the kills by 15%, for the "top player" now if they want to hold or raise their leaderboard rank have a reason to use those mods too.  

Multiplier kill score?

Although I couldn't care less for the ladder, one kill being more than "one kill" will probably not be that appreciated.

"Fake kills" and all that.

ops, it didn't "fake kills", beause it only affect the weapon/frame by use "Elite mod", this effect should not stack in aura effect, and i though the leaderboard should be record as "kill scores" but not "kills"

And "fake kills"? I think now DE already make a fake leaderboard, a lvl1 kill = a lvl 70 kill? 

Btw always have players want to be No.1 and have a Screenshot.

I can see the + side of it, it's not that which bothers me. It is that in having these sort of mods you will be at that max level with nothing to do way faster than otherwise.

It makes the game shorter.

That is a separate problem, and I don't believe that ideas should be stifled because of that.

If anything, the devs should be working on making more endgame content just so that they can add in new things to the early-and-mid-game content without trivializing later content.

even with 110% drop rates, chance still very very low for those rare items, and i add a new thing" multiplier kill score" these can let those who want to raise their rank on leaderboard faster's player and other reason to use these mods.

I do not see what this solves, I can already nerf myself just fine by equipping Thiefs Witt instead of my main mods