Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Free Roam polish and Host Migration drops

DojikkoVoidNinja

I really want to encourage DE to delay Venus Free Roam as long as necessary to polish the systems it will have in common with Plains of Eidolon so that it can have a much smoother release than PoE did. PoE still has serious issues with matchmaking and host migrations especially - for Venus Free Roam to be a good launch, IMO, it is utterly necessary for the problem of failed host migrations to be solved completely. Many of us have experienced this - you're playing PoE, or even non-PoE content, and the host disconnects. You lose everything but the affinity - all your items, standing, even scans it seems, gone, all because of something completely beyond your control. Other content except endless missions are mostly shorter, so it's less of an issue there, but now with PoE, it's a huge issue due to typical session length and just how much you can lose if the host drops near the end. Venus Free Roam will presumably be affected by the same issue if it's not solved before release - so delaying Venus Free Roam until this issue IS solved is absolutely imperative IMO. The development time would be well-spent to give the new content a much fairer first impression than one severely marred by (at least for some of us) frequent show stopper problems. The hosting problems seem more frequent for American players than European ones from what I've heard - it's possible higher frequencies of lost packets across USA ISPs may be affecting that.

Matchmaking, fishing dye, and mining all have pretty serious issues outstanding as well. It's getting harder and harder to get PoE bounty groups together quickly as time goes on, in my experience, especially for anything but T5, probably due to fall-off in popularity. Fishing dye just flat-out randomly stops working at a given spot sooner or later, and the only solution I've found is to move to a new spot; no quantity of additional dye makes the fish light up again, with unlit fish clearly visible right near the latest thrown dye, so if this system is at all shared with Venus, it's going to be an issue, and it makes fishing quite annoying when it goes off early in a session. And then there's mining spots outright disappearing after a host migration - Venus is almost sure to have something similar that will be affected.

I want to underscore the fact this is not about the individual bugs themselves but the level of polish in the Free Roam subsystems as a whole, subsystems that strongly affect Free Roam (Host Migration) and the sheer number of outstanding show-stopper issues. The Free Roam system needs considerably more polish than it has before it will be a suitable platform for another major batch of content based on it, IMO. I'd really like to see some clear direction on this from DE before the unvault sale ends, as it will affect my choice - perhaps it can be brought up in the next devstream? Please at least promise us that host migration will become consistently lossless before Venus Free Roam goes live even if the host drops connection entirely?

I'm pretty sure I'm not at all alone in feeling this way.

DE releasing Half-Finish Plains (Literally just Saya Quest Alone) would be a very Triple AAA move of "Buy our DLC". 

No DE should FOCUS on the NEXT Cinematic Quest.

I know where I stand on Corpus Plains though, "probably not interested". Why? Corpus Nullies/Comba/Scramba.

Also PERFECT Time for DE to release new Corpus Faces. 

What is up According to DE's List to Do?   New WarFrame.

Tips for DE on next Corpus-Plain? Surprise Us! HEK! What if there is NO HideOut!

Do a Plain Prequel to StarllordD's Neptune Idea.

Some thing like:

CORPUS is terrorizing and scraping the Local Colony, Raid, Install Unstable "Cores".

CORPUS Legions are there Mugging, Stealing, Enslaving the Colony.