Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Grineer Units And Squads

xanroth

if this place is the wrong one then i apologize in advance and here goes.

first of a little rework on the grineer commander.

this guy should first of all have less hp, armor and shield.

wield kraken pistol and spawn frequently (every grineer squad should have one) however he loses his switch teleport.

next up he will mark/tag an enemy making his squad focus entirely on him if you go invisible his men will gather around him if there are no enemies shooting in his general direction.

he will order grenades to be thrown and if decoy/molt is in use he will make his men ignore it after a little while sometimes killing one of his own if they wont do what he says (aka ai acts derpy).

he will warn his squad when a power is about to get used aka you are about to slash dash then he orders them to spread out/roll, if you mind control a common grineer he will shot him instant killing common ones (imagine him sort of like a warhammer commissar dressed up as a grineer).

if he executes one of his own the rest gets a small damage bonus.

he sounds op? well he can take about the same beating as a grineer seeker maybe a little more but he makes such a difference that he becomes a key target aka for the love of the lotus kill him when you see him.

secondly the grineer commando.

can turn invisible (no extra damage gained) for a short while and switch teleport has a high rate of fire and a bit less health/armor than heavies will try to separate tennos from their squad.

super heavy gunner.

pretty much imagine the heavy gunner times 2.

ridiculous fire rate high damage the accuracy of a drunken blind person plain simply he will spray the area you are in meaning that if you should meet him in a corridor its gonna get tough.

cant be knocked down nearly invulnerable from the front, dies quickly from attacks hitting his back, turns really slowly  he is sorta like those guys with the minigun rocket launcher from dark sector.

his gun is unique to him and requires no reload but he will have a small line of sight so if you where in one area lets say behind a few crates and manage to sneak to the side he won't automatically know that you are there you would have to actually deal some damage to him also his gun has a long "spin up" time before it starts raining down bullets.

has a slow melee attack (he swings his gun like all the other grineers) but if it hits it will knock the player away some distance and he does not have radial blast like the other heavy units.

spawns very rarely (he is a miniboss so if 2 of him spawn simultaneously it is a bug) and he is immune to mind control it will only stagger him.

use your wits to beat him aka do not run into the the minigun wielding monster go at him from the sides or from different directions of there are more than one of you since he is not that great in melee.

grineer squads

somewhere i read that the grineer army is made up of squads of 6 or so grineers so when the alarm is sounded there will be squads of 6 medium grineers and 1 commander coming after you from time to time  besides the normal patrols and maybe here and there when the alarm haven't been sounded you might come across a squad marching down a corridor

that's all i could come up with at the moment feedback please and if this is in the wrong place well sorry.

also i apologize about bad grammar and/or spelling i have syndromes to blame.

I think the Grineer have enough going for them for now. Corpus and Infested need a little love too.

its difficult to give "personality" to them considering the infested are well the infested and the corpus are a bunch of brainwashed indoctrinated pawns or guns on legs.

don't know if i made sense but that's my reason