Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Allow solo players to pause gameplay (as we already can), but in a "picture mode"

Renan.Ruivo

Forgive me for the double post, but i believe that post needed 100% attention to the picture inside it.

Look at the beauty, look at the finesse (or, arguably, lack thereof), look... at the handiwork.

This was a picture taken by myself, during solo gameplay. As we all know, solo gameplay can be paused by pressing "ESC".

Now, to adress what i have suggested in probably unclear terms (Thread titles can't have many words in it). Imagine if we didn't have all the menus, all the statistics, all the decoloring effects of the pause menu? Imagine if instead of a pause menu, this was a "picture mode" where i could rotate the camera, zoom in, turn the angle.. anyway, do a better work of static art than what we all can currently behold above.

Some of you may know what a "picture mode" is, some of you may not. I tell you this, though, it is in my opinion, one of the best features ever conceived for videogames. And, now, obvioulsy, i'm not a game developer... much less a DE game developer, but i would love to know if implementing this (i'll grant, low priority) feature is possible?

Because if it is?! Dear god, this game deserves it.

EDIT: Before anyone hurls "Wouldn't work because CO-OP" at my general direction.. Obvioulsy this would be a solo-only feature. Would also help create great screenshots to promote the game, so there's that :)

Edited by ruivoml

A picture mode would definitely be welcome. Or perhaps even a feature that let's us get rid of the HUD temporarily? If a picture mode is too difficult to implement, a button input that would temporarily take a HUD-less picture would be nice too. I know a lot of games do it that way.

Yeah, but then again it would be harder to properly time the picture-perfect moment, where you are midway through cutting a guy and separating his verticaleness.

As an amateur photographer, i have to say that getting proper positioning and angle is half of the work to get a pretty picture. The other half, of course, is actually snapping the picture.

Trust me folks, image composition is what separates instagramers from amateurs from professional photographers. I still have much to learn, but boy i at least know that much. =D

True enough, and I do enjoy fiddling around with angles in the games that do allow me to have a picture mode that you've suggested. Either way, a method to take shots would be very very welcome, and help publicity as well, as you mentioned earlier. Right now it feels like I can only take videos to show friends, when I just want some great snapshots of my scindo's bisecting prowess.