Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's Discuss Revamping The Sprinting

The_Markness

I want you to think about this, no really:
How often do you move around without sprinting, just normal movement.

I know there are exceptions but everyone I play with, and most everyone who I've seen play, either by preference or the nature of the game, spends 90% of their movement if not more, sprinting, holidng down the shift key.

Obviously this takes down stamina, so they slide and as a consequence players slide constantly tp bypass the stamina.

What this means is: the preferred, more basic type of movement takes up stamina, while the advanced move does not, and the absolute basic movement is rarely used.

Considering this, wouldn't it make more sense and be more practical and enjoyable for the player for sprinting not to take up stamina (or even be the default basic movement) and have the sliding take up stamina?

One doesn't typically exert themselves while letting gravity and momentum do their locomotion for them.

Try doing a bunch of squats, which are basically what Tenno do to get in and out of the sliding position position and say that again :P

Edited by The_Markness

Try doing a bunch of squats, which are basically what Tenno do to get in and out of the sliding position position and say that again :P

Thye initial slide movement does use stamina, however the rest of the slide does not.

you have a good point, they should make toggle for sprinting and walking, so no jogging. it will give a chance to increase stealthy approach game style potential. :D

Stealth is kind of scrapped for now, no point considering it.

well. soldier should be able to run 3 miles with 1/4 body weight loadout. tenno are not humans. so stamina is artificial limitation.

Tenno are human, y'know. Hayden Tenno (from Dark Sector) was confirmed to be the first "Tenno".

Stealth is kind of scrapped for now, no point considering it.

i said "Potential" its like hidden power that someday will be a good use.

Tenno are human, y'know. Hayden Tenno (from Dark Sector) was confirmed to be the first "Tenno".

ok, tenno are human with a weapon of mass destruction called the "Warframe", so they dont use their stamina the warframe suit will do all the stuff, just imagine iron man

Let me help you with that.

tnB4Mao.png

Settings > Controls > Keyboard Key Bindings

You're welcome.

What the OP is suggesting that Sprint no longer takes up stamina considering we spend 90% of our time sprinting, which I can agree with. Stamina should still be used for blocking, and we need a reason to block...But anyway, I agree with the OP, sprinting should cost 0 stamina, but wall running/sliding should still use stamina, for the sake of having to tweak the mods and ect.

Why not have all the frames' base sprint not consume stamina, but when modded sprinting will cost more stamina based on how highly modded. So, a Loki with full rush mod will consume more stamina than a Loki with only the base level of rush or a Rhino with full rush mod. Nothing severe, just enough to compensate slightly and keep the stamina mods relevant.

Edit:

I don't know what you're talking about, I'm just flying with my Zorens all the time.

Truth

Edited by Aizeol