Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Endgame: What's Cool And What's Not Cool

Bakercompany86

Just a few of my opinions on things that could improve the endgame of Warframe.

There are a few things about endgame I think you could change and vastly improve the experience.

It is cool to introduce new enemy types.  Those that have unique abilities that require you to think to defeat.  Rolling grenades that stick to you?  Great!  Flying robots that create overshields for surrounding units?  Great!

It is NOT cool to boost the health and shields of standard units to the point of ridiculousness.  You are turning it into "see if you can survive long enough to pour enough lead into this unit".  It was very disappointing to take my rifle I worked long and hard on, pouring 60 mods into it only to find out it takes 3/4th of my magazine emptied into a standard units face at point blank range.  If you introduce new heavy types of enemies, like the large grineer with gatling guns that have improved health/shields plus a war stomp, that's cool!  It is visually distinctive and unique, and obviously a unit you should pay more attention to.  

It is NOT cool to have your standard rank and file trooper boosted so damn high that my melee weapon isn't even effective anymore.  Down thrust, ground stab, followed by 10+ charged attacks and it's still not dead?  That's garbage....

It is cool to have a flood of these lower end units however, to where you must remain mobile and agile while taking pot shots to reduce their number.  Stay mobile, be accurate, or be dead.  But again, it is NOT cool to have them with 10x shields and health to where this basic unit is just a juggernaut.  That's lazy.

Be creative!  Create more unit types!  It's not that hard really...I bet a handful of us could come up with at least a dozen new enemy concepts.  I know you have a very talented team of artists and designers.

Corpus have walkers, and bigger walkers that stomp.  Why did you stop there?  Why not more quadrupeds with gatling guns and rockets?  Instead of just pumping up standard recycled units and throwing a ton at us, why not actually stronger different units mixed in?  Instead of 50 Grineer soldiers, why not 25 Soldiers with an advanced War Mech?  This applies to all 3 factions very easily.

Basically, add more units that are visually distinctive and worthy of boosted health and damage.  Don't just recycle old units and boost their damage health....You're using an MMO fix on a non-MMO game!  I expect a game like WoW to recycle units and just change their colors/stats.  It's typical in that genre.  But Warframe is much different.  

I also think you could begin to solve your power creep issue with many new unit types.  You wouldn't have to increase weapon damage/warframe health just to keep in line with your boosted rank and file units.  You could begin to have more linear progression, since these new units would require thinking to defeat instead of brute force from upgrades.

Just some opinion based on observations lately.  This also goes for Nightmare mode.  I have plenty of ideas on how to fix your nightmare mode problem, but that's another post =)

you know, i was thinking about endgame. and i realized that, while WE think of the current situation as endgame, i wonder if DE thinks of it as that. for all we know they dont consider WF to have any and they are working on a proper endgame.

it is still an unreleased game.

at least i hope thats the case. endgame isnt bad, its just non-existent.

time will tell.

ts do you have Nova warframe?

anyway. you see ts, first of all i don't know what do you mean by endgame. i am pretty sure you don't know it either because you didn't gave any definition for that.

another thing, that personally i don't care how they look this is not the point. problem is overall power creep that we have on our hands.

providing new models for the enemies with new weapons and tactics won't save them from bastille and snowglobe that will be active for ever, thanks to aura system.

this will not save them from AMD with MP buff of 230k damage goodness. This will not save them from Torid, Ogris, Acrid and Lanka.

You see problem is that before U8 there has been one obvious fact: that damage will fall off, utility will not. Even Saryn with her Miasma had her limits damage wise. This is where frames like Nyx, Trinity and Rhino were shining. Because Rhino could survive enough punishment, Trinity could tank hordes of enemies and she could provide energy for bastille and snowglobe or any other abilities in this game, for any warframe. And people who were playing high level ED indeed were using tactics and setups not only for team roster but for warframes as well.

As it now however we have aura system that only gives free mod points which are never been a problem. Lack of mod slots is a problem, not mod points. This Aura system also provides unlimited energy so basically if you have nothing to do you can always stay for 50-60+ waves on xini without any problems really. And if you have let say Nova warframe in your team it is even easier. Because her damage is sky high and with energy regen she can carry entire team. Even artificial difficulty in the face of Ancients is no longer a difficulty.

This new system not only moved Nyx usefulness further away, but also made some oneday vital frames utterly useless. Basically there is no such thing as challenge in this game anymore. Only challenge you can have is if you run a new account on Mercury.

I will return to Nova again, next DD warframe will be evaluated against the background of the Nova and if her damage output will not be huge enough this new frame will be discarded as useless. Personally i think Nova is the worst warframe in the game at this moment. Because she makes a game stupidly effortless. And overall idea of this powercreep removes any hint of tactics from the game. And this is not only issue of one warframe, it is issue that concerns mods and weapons alike.

You see in ME3 mp mode it was fun and challenging to farm Gold with avenger and predator. But later addons were removing difficulty from a game one by one. And even this platinum mode is effortless if you have proper kits.

DE as it now are making the same mistake that ME3 team did. They are removing challenge from a game. This nightmare mode is just a joke, because you have all tools to complete any nightmare mission as if it is normal.

Overall power creep is "endgame" issue, if there is a "endgame" after all. Because there is no fun in playing if game is that simple as it is now. And that is a problem. How mobs looks and what weapons they carry is not a problem at all.

And artificial difficulties that DE provides for us becomes invalidated because we already have everything we need to overcome those difficulties without any problems.

This is "endgame" problem. And that is not "cool".

Edited by Althix

I do not have the Nova.  I have Loki and i'm constructing Rhino.

I know, the word endgame right now is describing an uncertainty.

When I say it, I'm referring to content designed to be completed with a maxed out Warframe using maxed out weapons.

There is another thread in the weapon feedback section that relates to this and how poorly some weapons scale with endgame content.