Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exalted Blade wont attack

Node_OMG

Question

HELP:  When I press #4 the Exalted Blade equips but it will block and I can't get it to attack, I had not worried but now I need it to level to Gold Initiate ...  I have tried the defult setting for the Keyboard and nothing seems to work...

Thanks in advance !

5 answers to this question

Apologies if this is something you already know, but are you using the Melee button to attack? I know that when I switch to my Melee weapon, if I hit the button that I use to fire my Primary or Secondary weapon, I block instead. In order to actually attack with the melee weapon, I have to press a completely different button. Try pressing whatever button you use to melee normally and it should work.

If that isn't your issue, then I'm not sure what's up.

40 minutes ago, Node_OMG said:

HELP:  When I press #4 the Exalted Blade equips but it will block and I can't get it to attack, I had not worried but now I need it to level to Gold Initiate ...  I have tried the defult setting for the Keyboard and nothing seems to work...

Thanks in advance !

Have you tried pressing "E" button?
That's the default key for a melee attack

57 minutes ago, (Xbox One)D34thst41ker said:

Apologies if this is something you already know, but are you using the Melee button to attack? I know that when I switch to my Melee weapon, if I hit the button that I use to fire my Primary or Secondary weapon, I block instead. In order to actually attack with the melee weapon, I have to press a completely different button. Try pressing whatever button you use to melee normally and it should work.

If that isn't your issue, then I'm not sure what's up.

Yeah I have, I made Mouse button #3 my melee button and have tried using that no go so I switched to default still no go pressing the E button ... Maybe it's just broken for me.  My mate is the same level but his works beautifully !

I remember there is a bug that will lock you into exalted weapon state if you are using it when unarmed (no weapons at all). Gold initiate test is melee test correct? There is probably a system that locks you into your melee weapon and the bug occurs when you use exalted blade. Just use only your melee weapon to finish the test, it shouldn't be too hard.

9 hours ago, Rekkou said:

I remember there is a bug that will lock you into exalted weapon state if you are using it when unarmed (no weapons at all). Gold initiate test is melee test correct? There is probably a system that locks you into your melee weapon and the bug occurs when you use exalted blade. Just use only your melee weapon to finish the test, it shouldn't be too hard.

Trouble was in the test I was stuck in Exaulted Blade state, I could not get out of it.  Anyway it seems to have corrected itself and it all works fine.  Maybe all the fiddling with Key Binding and a reboot fixed it maybe they patched it not sure ... But it works !!