The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Does Sentinel's Weapon Level?

Grandarex

Question

Aside from the storyline and lore, Sentinel is the subject that we know least about. 

We don't know any of their essential stats (HP, Shield, Armor), how they operate (their A.I.), and... how to level them.

I wanted to take advantage of this weekend's double EXP and max out my Dethcube's rifle, but this is probably one of the most hardest thing I've done, mostly because I don't know how to maximize its EXP gain. 

I currently have Affinity booster, so it nets me 4X Affinity... which apparently doesn't really help Dethcube's weapon.

One run of Kappa will bring my weapon from unranked to level 10 at least without end-of-mission bonus

My Dethcube's rifle barely hit level 6. 

Do you guys have any specific method/place/strategy to level up your sentinel's weaponry?

This grind is driving me insane. 

15 answers to this question

Sentinels level slowest out of anything, really all you can do is let then leech off you for a longer period of time, but I do know that sentinel abilities like vaporiaze give XP to the sentinel and if you let the deth machine rifle get more kills, that'll level up faster too.

Thats really all you can do to help

Sentinels level slowest out of anything, really all you can do is let then leech off you for a longer period of time, but I do know that sentinel abilities like vaporiaze give XP to the sentinel and if you let the deth machine rifle get more kills, that'll level up faster too.

Thats really all you can do to help

I'm pretty close to ripping my hair out, lemme tell ya.

I'm pretty close to ripping my hair out, lemme tell ya.

Yeah I know the feeling.. Wyrm is even worse because he does no damage to anything. What I did was just leave the sentinel there and ignored it, just played like it wasnt even there and focused on something else. It gets there eventually.

Dethcube's rifle will prob be the least of your concern. It doesn't need double/quad affinity. That thing will prob out-xp your main frame/weapons even if you half its affinity.

Erm... if you read the OP, the problem is the exact opposite; it's simply taking TOO LONG to level up. 

Yes. Swift Deth and Vaporize are both maxed out. 

Then I think you are good. Just make sure the weapon has good mods (potato it if you need. the weapon, not the sentinel).

Then ignore it (just bring it with you on missions).

It will max before you noticed it. (and you may be feeling that it is slow because you are staring at the xp bar.. :) )

Why I am saying that sentinel weapon xp is not a problem is because unlike frames/weapon, we hardly change sentinel (and even if we do, it is just among the 3). Over the course of the majority of the game (assuming that you are going to at least try out the more fun frames and weapons) the amount of time sentinels take to level up weapon (esp DethCube) is really insignificant. (We may have to wait for a comment by somebody who say forma-ed the sentinel weapon X times to make a more convincing statement though.

Then I think you are good. Just make sure the weapon has good mods (potato it if you need. the weapon, not the sentinel).

Then ignore it (just bring it with you on missions).

It will max before you noticed it. (and you may be feeling that it is slow because you are staring at the xp bar.. :) )

Why I am saying that sentinel weapon xp is not a problem is because unlike frames/weapon, we hardly change sentinel (and even if we do, it is just among the 3). Over the course of the majority of the game (assuming that you are going to at least try out the more fun frames and weapons) the amount of time sentinels take to level up weapon (esp DethCube) is really insignificant. (We may have to wait for a comment by somebody who say forma-ed the sentinel weapon X times to make a more convincing statement though.

I guess you're right. Makes sense.

I've already potato'd and forma'd my Dethcube's rifle four times. If I want to fit all the mods that I want in it, I need to forma it once or twice more... 

This is so stressful... :(

What I did to level shade and its weapon was go to infested missions and let it kill everything while I stood on high ground and just watch it kill them. I kept making the infested spawn over and over. Took awhile to do. But I found it to be quicker then how my friends were doing it.

Edited by IIPREDATORII

What I did to level shade and its weapon was go to infested missions and let it kill everything while I stood on high ground and just watch it kill them. I kept making the infested spawn over and over. Took awhile to do. But I found it to be quicker then how my friends were doing it.

Sounds like a neat idea. Do you have a good place in mind where I could do this? (Mission type, planet, etc)

Lol basically I use my dethcube for its guardian ability. at the moment, I put speed trigger and cryorounds on it. Its just for the extra cc and shield burst to me. I run around and kill it. If your primary isnt fully built yet, focus on that for now. Dont make your sentinel your primary source of damage. If leveling up your sentinel is a must to you for some reason, you could always do mobile defense missions. lotsa exp from massacring. Dont waste time by letting your sentinel shoot stuff. Just kill everything in your path and let it leech exp from you that way. waiting for 10 seconds for your dethcube to kill one person isnt worth the trouble.

Sounds like a neat idea. Do you have a good place in mind where I could do this? (Mission type, planet, etc)

Forgot to mention. Shade does not automatically kill things. They have to hit you. So I pretty much ran around in large circles or large rectangles letting the light infested chase me, hit me a little to trigger the shade weapon, then only went to high ground for the ancients, after they hit me as well, and let shade do the killing.

I went to Jupiter and Saturn mostly. Pretty much any map on these planets except defense and exterminate missions. I think I frequently went to Ganymede on Jupiter though. Can't remember it's been awhile. Sorry.

Little boring but way faster then letting it gradually get kills on its own.