Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To The Guy Who Designed Raptor.

ReiganCross

If i could, i would probably punch you in the face. Ok, maybe not so much as a straight punch to the face since this is just a game, but you certainly must be punished for putting this abomination in my otherwise awesome game. So i though you'd like to know that i hate you for creating Raptor.

Till next time!

if you cant solo raptor you dont know how to use cover. learn how to use cover and raptor solo = easy as pie.

This game doesn't use cover, remember?... If we have to use such a thing as cover to kill something, then we're not playing the game as it's suposed to be played now, is it?

If i wanted to play a game where i have to stand behind a rock to bug bite something that can instantly roast me, i'd play Skyrim. In fact, excuse me...

Edited by ReiganCross

There is cover. Just simply stand behind something. I'm sure they didn't mean cover systems like, Gears of War had. 

I don't care... Just added, if i wanted to play a game where all i did was stand behind a rock, slowly chipping away gigantic health bar that can instantly turn me into an actual pile of ash, i would go to other games... Hell, at least in Skyrim you get some cool mats and the soul of the dragon.

The fundamental problem with Raptor and many of the other placeholder bosses is simple, they're not fun to fight. They're health sinks who have some either really, really annoying mechanic or gimmick (Hyena's Shockwave or the ridiculous shield recharges on many bosses).

Vor is interesting because it's not just about shooting him until his impossibly large health bar goes down. Lech Krill is in a similar spot, for the most part (after he goes Super Sayan definitely could count as the aforementioned health sink though, but at least he does more than shoot a Gorgon at you at this stage)

So in summery, Raptor's largest problem is being a quickly designed and thrown in boss to be a placeholder just so there's a spot where Nova drops. Hopefully, once they replace his placeholder, his new form is actually something interesting in function and design, and not just an enlarged Osprey with boxes taped on.

The fundamental problem with Raptor and many of the other placeholder bosses is simple, they're not fun to fight. They're health sinks who have some either really, really annoying mechanic or gimmick (Hyena's Shockwave or the ridiculous shield recharges on many bosses).

Vor is interesting because it's not just about shooting him until his impossibly large health bar goes down. Lech Krill is in a similar spot, for the most part (after he goes Super Sayan definitely could count as the aforementioned health sink though, but at least he does more than shoot a Gorgon at you at this stage)

So in summery, Raptor's largest problem is being a quickly designed and thrown in boss to be a placeholder just so there's a spot where Nova drops. Hopefully, once they replace his placeholder, his new form is actually something interesting in function and design, and not just an enlarged Osprey with boxes taped on.

Well, yeah, this is all true... But at least the other bosses move a little and have articulations and some actual stuff... Truth be told the other bosses are really almost just as bad, but the Raptor is just a flying statue of complete out of the blue explosions. Sure the other bosses are almost as bad, but the Raptor is just @(*()$ atrociously lazy.

many bosses woul be fun if they had their own insignia weapon/armor, like sargas ruk or uncle hek, they would be cool if they didnt have those weapons and re skins, but their own models and toys, and i agree bosses are boring since there cant be less interaction with them than what we have right now

I don't care... Just added, if i wanted to play a game where all i did was stand behind a rock, slowly chipping away gigantic health bar that can instantly turn me into an actual pile of ash, i would go to other games... Hell, at least in Skyrim you get some cool mats and the soul of the dragon.

It's one boss

In one map

And you're complaining that he forces you to try something different, like cover.

This is why we can't have nice things.

It's just that the Raptor pisses me off because he's about lvl50 (Where our max level is lvl30) and can destroy me in seconds, essentially boiling this battle to "Stand behind the stone and bug-bite him to death."

And when he drops nothing? Then i just want to strangle a DE employee for making me do all this boring work and walk out empty-handed.

It's one boss

In one map

And you're complaining that he forces you to try something different, like cover.

This is why we can't have nice things.

I'm not complaining about something new, i'm saying that this something new is boring. And no, you're not suposed to take cover, they are pretty anal about not including a cover system, so i better not see a battle where i'm suposed to do this or i'll just be reminded of how i SHOULD be able to take cover!

1. Raptor is the only survivor of those crashsited where you can find a bunch of broken boxes and huge ospreys. Not sure if it needs a redesign.

2. The only thing you're playing the ninja game does ever mean that you've become a bullet sponge and catch all the hits in the battlefiels. You're ninja, remember? So you're the main weapon is stealth.

3. Your actual level is much higher. If you're using an aura, (+14) you're become a lvl 44th, and twice it if you're using potato. 

I'm farming it solo for the contol modules with the potatoed burston using some speedy frames such as Loki or Ash. Pretty easy if you have somewhere to hide from the rocket launch.

Edited by MECT0HET

It's not just insignia or armor and whatnot that makes a boss interesting, but the gameplay mechanics and functions that it brings as well. Raptor has neither of the previous - it's just a health sink that shoots stupidly strong rockets at you.

I'm not complaining about something new, i'm saying that this something new is boring. And no, you're not suposed to take cover, they are pretty anal about not including a cover system, so i better not see a battle where i'm suposed to do this or i'll just be reminded of how i SHOULD be able to take cover!

While i am aware this game isn't about a taking cover to win, but raptor hardly forces you to take cover the only reason you would be taking cover is for his missles which you SHOULD see coming. You can keep moving in the open and be fine, taking cover when you're getting in trouble.Watching out for his mines is quite obvious. But really, he's not that hard to really prepare for.

It's just that the Raptor &!$$es me off because he's about lvl50 (Where our max level is lvl30) and can destroy me in seconds, essentially boiling this battle to "Stand behind the stone and bug-bite him to death."

And when he drops nothing? Then i just want to strangle a DE employee for making me do all this boring work and walk out empty-handed.

You must not have the proper weaponry/mods then. Because level 50 isn't anything to be concerned for, even as a boss. He only destroys you in seconds with his missile which i believe make a unique sound when fired and the homing versions come periodically as he restores his sheild. If he destroyed you in seconds, you goofed try again.

Is he punishing? Yes, but not that difficult when you learn his tactics. As for the drop, pray to the RNGod. I'd be more concern over where his drops fell than if they did, as many times they can land in inaccessible places.

It's not just insignia or armor and whatnot that makes a boss interesting, but the gameplay mechanics and functions that it brings as well. Raptor has neither of the previous - it's just a health sink that shoots stupidly strong rockets at you.

He flies, drops mines and makes you use cover. He brought something new, he only has massive health if you're in a group with high level players, which he should to prevent a steamroll. He's pretty soloable, like any boss.

Edited by cozzi21

1. Raptor is the only survivor of those crashsited where you can find a bunch of broken boxes and huge ospreys. Not sure if it needs a redesign.

2. The only thing you're playing the ninja game does ever mean that you've become a bullet sponge and catch all the hits in the battlefiels. You're ninja, remember? So you're the main weapon is stealth.

PRetty hard to decipher that one but... It's pretty hard to Stealth when they always know precisely where you arr from the momment the first guy looks at one of your friends. Warframe have no stealth, and ninja's best weapon is not stealth, it's surprise. Surprise Attacks are the true ninja strengh... That's not really worth S#&$ when you impale someone with your 2-handed sword and they just take shield damage -.-'.

While i am aware this game isn't about a taking cover to win, but raptor hardly forces you to take cover the only reason you would be taking cover is for his missles which you SHOULD see coming. You can keep moving in the open and be fine, taking cover when you're getting in trouble.Watching out for his mines is quite obvious. But really, he's not that hard to really prepare for.

You must not have the proper weaponry/mods then. Because level 50 isn't anything to be concerned for, even as a boss. He only destroys you in seconds with his missile which i believe make a unique sound when fired and the homing versions come periodically as he restores his sheild. If he destroyed you in seconds, you goofed try again.

Is he punishing? Yes, but not that difficult when you learn his tactics. As for the drop, pray to the RNGod. I'd be more concern over where his drops fell than if they did, as many times they can land in inaccessible places.

You are either high or crazy to actually be able to spot those tiny missiles coming at you (Especially because this boss does NOT face you to shoot you, he just shoots out of his &#!.) And even if you DO spot the missile, you can't exactly dodge that S#&$, the explosion is way too large.

You are either high or crazy to actually be able to spot those tiny missiles coming at you (Especially because this boss does NOT face you to shoot you, he just shoots out of his &#!.) And even if you DO spot the missile, you can't exactly dodge that S#&$, the explosion is way too large.

Well for someone who wears glasses, my eyesight must be pretty beast because for the most part, i can see the smoke trail of them coming. And if you do, there's PLENTY of cover to dodge them, and when the barrage is over, you come out and continue to fight him. IIRC the missles make a distinct sound also.

You're making this hard for yourself.

Also, none of this disproves that Raptor goes against EVERYTHING Warframe, unless the team actually admits that they intended for us to take cover in this game that "should not have cover".

I'm pretty sure they don't want want warframe to be a GoW, wear we're reliant on cover. Because if we weren't suppose to use cover every level would be flat with no were to hide for either enemies nor us, no where to run.And honestly, ninja that don't use cover? Really?

Edited by cozzi21

Also, none of this disproves that Raptor goes against EVERYTHING Warframe, unless the team actually admits that they intended for us to take cover in this game that "should not have cover".

i think you are taking this a little far into "herp derp" land. iirc DE does not want hard cover, they never said not to use soft cover.