Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Trinity Rework Idea

Volt_Cruelerz

I love the look and stats of Trinity.  Aesthetically, she's my favorite frame in the game once you equip Aura.  When I leveled her a while back, I found myself almost never using anything other than link.  As such, I present an idea for a rework for her.  A lot of her issues stem from how a full-support frame could exist in such a fast-paced kill-everything game.

Stats: same as current

[1] - 25 energy

-Smite-

Description: Trinity places a mark on a target, causing it to take extra damage and explode violently on death.

Effect: the target is marked, causing it to take 20/25/30/35% extra damage and deal 50/100/150/200% of its maximum health as damage upon death to enemies within 4 meters.  Enemies between 4 and 5/6/7/8 [stretch] meters take reduced damage based on distance.  On-death damage is dealt as Laser element.

OR

-Cleanse-

Description: Cleanses the systems of nearby allies and hardens them against future impacts.

Effect: all negative statuses on allies are removed aside from being downed and allies become immune to crowd control effects for 10/15/20/25 seconds

[2] - 50 energy

-Tipped Scales-

Description: When nearby enemies are attacked, allies gain health and energy.

Effect: enemies within 10/12/14/18 [stretch] meters become marked.  When marked enemies are damaged, the attacker gains 1.5/3/4.5/6% [Focus] of the damage dealt as health and half that as energy.  Mark lasts 8/12/15/20 [Continuity] seconds.

[3] - 50 energy

-Link-

Description: same as current

Effect: same as current

[4] - 100 energy

-Arise-

Description: Revives downed allies and grants invulnerability to those who are not

Effect: after a three second channel time, Trinity instantly revives downed allies and grants invulnerability to allied entities including Tenno, Sentinels, and the Defense Objective for 2/4/6/8 [Continuity]

The idea is that by doing things along these lines, Trinity would be more able to keep up with the mobility and speed of the game while also synergizing well with the "kill as fast as possible" mentality that goes along with it.

EDIT: changed Purge to Cleanse as per suggestion of Tainted

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

In what kind of mission do you feel you are most useful to the team on?

i feel least useful on solo missions. blessing only useful in extreme situations. i feel im always useful in any type of mission. but most importantly useful in defense missions

Edit: that being said. i play her as a full support role

Edited by Tainted_Fox

thanks for posting that. however those threads annoyed me. especially reading link to be a 50 power ability . FUUUUUU

i feel like i should post a new thread about implementing new trinity changes

She is (and I don't like to say it) a bit crap. The heal is ONLY useful for heavies or bosses and ONLY if you have taken damage to your actual health, and beause you either have most of your shields up at all times or when you DO lose health it goes down faster than the speed of light, the skill isn't touched 90% of the time, making it close to useless in the current state of the game. Not saying a skill should CONSTANTLY be spammed, but this just needs to be adressed. Energy Vampire in comparison is much better, because energy is actually used consistently, and it allows us to use our powers just a tad more often.

Link is fine, I'd like to also be able to target a friendly with it and transfer damage taken from them to me, but hey. Blessing is... fine, ish. Instead of the peculiar mechanics of her first skill, this is a more reliable heal (if you look away from the painful animation) and also gives immunity which is always nice.

those threads annoyed me.

Woops, sorry for trying to make her more viable and fun to use.

She is (and I don't like to say it) a bit crap. The heal is ONLY useful for heavies or bosses and ONLY if you have taken damage to your actual health, and beause you either have most of your shields up at all times or when you DO lose health it goes down faster than the speed of light, the skill isn't touched 90% of the time, making it close to useless in the current state of the game. Not saying a skill should CONSTANTLY be spammed, but this just needs to be adressed. Energy Vampire in comparison is much better, because energy is actually used consistently, and it allows us to use our powers just a tad more often.

Link is fine, I'd like to also be able to target a friendly with it and transfer damage taken from them to me, but hey. Blessing is... fine, ish. Instead of the peculiar mechanics of her first skill, this is a more reliable heal (if you look away from the painful animation) and also gives immunity which is always nice.

Woops, sorry for trying to make her more viable and fun to use.

only reason why im annoyed is when people say solutions or issues to trinity they think with her current kit she has is insanely flawed and needs a huge rework. it doesn't, though i wont deny that her kit has flaws. she still is my go to pick for high wave defense yet and i still have heaps of fun using her as she is. i never cross the same problems as others do. because i assume they aren't playing trinity to the best of her abilities.

blessing hasn't been used as much as it used to during normal gameplay because other players are smart enough not to stand in the middle of 35 lvl 103 chargers. however i still frequently use this on just myself because so recover damage i soak and to get into the thick of the fight and back. i also will say i've been using this a lot more since nightmare mode has been a thing and makes most of my games easier for spamming blessing.

energy vampire became really damn good after a small patch a while back. casting this made defense waves easier and keeping the team alive. i now run focus just because of this.

I find link now the least used in my kit. i only use link to follow up with blessing or to heal revive someone.  also would be intresting to pass the link ability to another warframe. that could open up a lot of cool plays and would help her support role

Edited by Tainted_Fox

Energy Vampire is perfectly fine as it is, unless of course you guys want it to be a skill that's easily spammed and usable in every situation

Blessing is OK... mostly. With good communication, your teammates will know that they're safe to go godmode when it's active.

Link is fine, leave it.

DE do something about Well of Life please. It's not useless, it's just incredibly un-useful.

i feel least useful on solo missions. blessing only useful in extreme situations. i feel im always useful in any type of mission. but most importantly useful in defense missions

Edit: that being said. i play her as a full support role

I've tried using her in a full-support role, and it just doesn't seem like she did a whole lot.  I felt like I'd have been more use to my team if I'd been in another frame in pretty much every game I played.

Well of Life: has issues that everyone acknowledges

Energy Vampire: good idea, but I don't generally have a whole lot of issues with energy.  The only frame I can ever recall having energy issues with on an even semi-regular basis was Excalibur.  For other frames, it just hasn't been an issue for me.  As such, when I play Trinity, I see no need to use it.  It's not that it's weak, it's that I know that if I'm playing and an ally casts Energy Vampire, I know I won't have any need to take advantage of the mark.

Link: good ability that I left as-is in the OP

Blessing: I've never understood the need for a full-heal ability in Warframe.  It always seemed like rez+invincibility would be far more useful than a full-heal.  Also, after my suggested addition of Tilted Scales, she didn't really need a second form of health regen IMO.  Direct health regen (Well of Life and Blessing) has always seemed kinda off to me in this game just because of how fast-paced the game is.  It just felt like pure healing was almost out of place.  

Very very few of the missions I run end in failure because someone needed a support but didn't have one.  More damage or CC would have been better for the team in pretty much every scenario.  In fact, I can't really think of a situation in which I'd rather have Trinity over other teammates.  That's a problem as I see it.  Hence this thread.

I've tried using her in a full-support role, and it just doesn't seem like she did a whole lot. I felt like I'd have been more use to my team if I'd been in another frame in pretty much every game I played.

Well of Life: has issues that everyone acknowledges

Energy Vampire: good idea, but I don't generally have a whole lot of issues with energy. The only frame I can ever recall having energy issues with on an even semi-regular basis was Excalibur. For other frames, it just hasn't been an issue for me. As such, when I play Trinity, I see no need to use it. It's not that it's weak, it's that I know that if I'm playing and an ally casts Energy Vampire, I know I won't have any need to take advantage of the mark.

Link: good ability that I left as-is in the OP

Blessing: I've never understood the need for a full-heal ability in Warframe. It always seemed like rez+invincibility would be far more useful than a full-heal. Also, after my suggested addition of Tilted Scales, she didn't really need a second form of health regen IMO. Direct health regen (Well of Life and Blessing) has always seemed kinda off to me in this game just because of how fast-paced the game is. It just felt like pure healing was almost out of place.

Very very few of the missions I run end in failure because someone needed a support but didn't have one. More damage or CC would have been better for the team in pretty much every scenario. In fact, I can't really think of a situation in which I'd rather have Trinity over other teammates. That's a problem as I see it. Hence this thread.

what most of what you said is fairly true. its hard to pick her in a your squad and to use her abilities to the fullest extent in any party. and it being a fast paced game its hard for her sluggish ult or some of her abilities to fit into faster teams. there are only 3 different scenario's that i pick trinity in a team to go into missions

1. when my friends are new to the game or under leveled for the the mission (using blessing and link most of the time when im carrying the team)

2. doing high lvl defense missions (energy vampire when orbs become hard to find and making everyones ult become insta spamable)

3. for funzies and entering missions with strangers (do whatever i can, even if its just shooting guns)

on of her flaws as trinity is, if you team is already doing enough damage, dropping enough cc, or not even getting close to death, and they are getting through missions. it doesn't matter if you bring trinity or not, or even if your in the game. your team is already doing the work with or without you. so in that sense you could just be chilling casually behind your team or in front doesn't feel as good as joining the action with another warframe. and if your ever in a situation where the team needed more cc or damage, dont think so fast that you could of used a better warframe for the mission. everyone had the chance to bring a better warframe. to fill the needed roles.

but one of the best things that she can do is when S@#T hits the fan hard and fast. is that trinity can handle huge workloads when it comes to the cruch. rhino cant tank anymore? pretend to be a tank til he gets back on his feet, loki cant draw fire? link on the boss so he can get energy. a lot of many odd situations she can handle with a full plate of crap to deal with. its when that crap comes around is a whole new question. you may be sitting back a lot but your the teams last resort or last line of defense. and a good one at that

i have a very strong dislike on the idea on a revive ability. for these good reasons.

1. being similar to an already existing problem. when people get comfortable with my full heal, they will stand far away from me and expect me to always heal them at the right time. they don't learn to stay out of harms way and expect me to cover for them every time they jump into a bunch of high level grineer when im not looking. i dont want players getting comfortable knowing they can be easily revived when they refused to not go near danger and make me waste energy

2. her kit is built around keeping her party being alive. not down. preventative skills would be so much better than a revive

3. reviving someone where they were just knocked down is completely useless. you know why they are down in the first place? because there's something horridly bad over there. to revive someone in a middle of a corpus mosh pit isnt very good mechanic at all (inb4 build in revive in her blessing, thats just asking to be abused) so you end up need to clear out those enemies. and when you do your not gonna spend energy over the normal revive key

pretty sure that's all i need to mention. one more thing the reason why i didn't like your abilities that you named and thought of is that there are either abuse able, similar to others, doesn't fit her theme. lacks flava. though i will say i did like -purge, except call it cleanse. she's not a paladi :p

edit: sorry for typing so much

Edited by Tainted_Fox

There is NOT a problem with trinity being weak. Blessing + Energy Vampire = Infinite Godmode. Either leave her alone or Nerf blessing. She doesn't need any rework to make her powers better.

its not a problem with blessing being weak, my problems is when its viable. blessing has so much much value but with warframes getting a narly buff in mods you find that they dont quite die as often as they used to.

i do believe at some point she needs a rework. but not until every other warframe needs to be looked at and tweaked first. after all trinity is built around every other warframes. why change the abilities around when you dont know how she fills in her new role. 

Edited by Tainted_Fox

what most of what you said is fairly true. its hard to pick her in a your squad and to use her abilities to the fullest extent in any party. and it being a fast paced game its hard for her sluggish ult or some of her abilities to fit into faster teams. there are only 3 different scenario's that i pick trinity in a team to go into missions

1. when my friends are new to the game or under leveled for the the mission (using blessing and link most of the time when im carrying the team)

2. doing high lvl defense missions (energy vampire when orbs become hard to find and making everyones ult become insta spamable)

3. for funzies and entering missions with strangers (do whatever i can, even if its just shooting guns)

on of her flaws as trinity is, if you team is already doing enough damage, dropping enough cc, or not even getting close to death, and they are getting through missions. it doesn't matter if you bring trinity or not, or even if your in the game. your team is already doing the work with or without you. so in that sense you could just be chilling casually behind your team or in front doesn't feel as good as joining the action with another warframe. and if your ever in a situation where the team needed more cc or damage, dont think so fast that you could of used a better warframe for the mission. everyone had the chance to bring a better warframe. to fill the needed roles.

but one of the best things that she can do is when S@#T hits the fan hard and fast. is that trinity can handle huge workloads when it comes to the cruch. rhino cant tank anymore? pretend to be a tank til he gets back on his feet, loki cant draw fire? link on the boss so he can get energy. a lot of many odd situations she can handle with a full plate of crap to deal with. its when that crap comes around is a whole new question. you may be sitting back a lot but your the teams last resort or last line of defense. and a good one at that

i have a very strong dislike on the idea on a revive ability. for these good reasons.

1. being similar to an already existing problem. when people get comfortable with my full heal, they will stand far away from me and expect me to always heal them at the right time. they don't learn to stay out of harms way and expect me to cover for them every time they jump into a bunch of high level grineer when im not looking. i dont want players getting comfortable knowing they can be easily revived when they refused to not go near danger and make me waste energy

2. her kit is built around keeping her party being alive. not down. preventative skills would be so much better than a revive

3. reviving someone where they were just knocked down is completely useless. you know why they are down in the first place? because there's something horridly bad over there. to revive someone in a middle of a corpus mosh pit isnt very good mechanic at all (inb4 build in revive in her blessing, thats just asking to be abused) so you end up need to clear out those enemies. and when you do your not gonna spend energy over the normal revive key

pretty sure that's all i need to mention. one more thing the reason why i didn't like your abilities that you named and thought of is that there are either abuse able, similar to others, doesn't fit her theme. lacks flava. though i will say i did like -purge, except call it cleanse. she's not a paladi :p

edit: sorry for typing so much

You make very good points, and thank you for taking the time to explain all of that.

The issue remains that she is not needed.  There should be pros and cons to taking a support.  A support should add more security, but it doesn't.  Raw damage is king in this game unless on ED, then it's raw damage until wave 20 and then CC after that.  If things hit the fan, yes Trinity becomes useful, but that is so rare in this game, that I know that I could have just prevented that situation in the first place had I been warframe X.

A lot of this is difficulty based, but even so, there is some obvious clunkiness to her kit: Well is redundant, Blessing has such a long cast time, etc.

Would you be supportive of merging Well and Energy Vamp into a 2 and using Cleanse as the 1?  You say below that she should take lower priority than others, and I can see your point, but she still needs some form of help.  In the current meta, she just isn't as useful as other frames.  Teams are better served by other frames than her.

You make very good points, and thank you for taking the time to explain all of that.

The issue remains that she is not needed.  There should be pros and cons to taking a support.  A support should add more security, but it doesn't.  Raw damage is king in this game unless on ED, then it's raw damage until wave 20 and then CC after that.  If things hit the fan, yes Trinity becomes useful, but that is so rare in this game, that I know that I could have just prevented that situation in the first place had I been warframe X.

A lot of this is difficulty based, but even so, there is some obvious clunkiness to her kit: Well is redundant, Blessing has such a long cast time, etc.

Would you be supportive of merging Well and Energy Vamp into a 2 and using Cleanse as the 1?  You say below that she should take lower priority than others, and I can see your point, but she still needs some form of help.  In the current meta, she just isn't as useful as other frames.  Teams are better served by other frames than her.

quite right about damage numbers seems to drown out some of trinity's utility and damage is the way to go in this game atm. combining energy vamp and and well may give it more value than 50 energy's worth. i like energy vamp as it. it has the potential to give a team anything from 100-450 worth of free energy to the team. and to do the same again in the next 3 seconds. a nova or Excalibur can either spam ults or just rack up energy quickly. merging them both would require them turn into a 75 point cast ability. would be cool though. i support it but not strongly.

Cleanse as 1 i would support. its has flavor, charm and fits trinity well. better than its current ability.