Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Early extraction options for cetus, survival and excavation?

Air-mage

I think it would be nice to have the extraction readiness check from defense and interception missions available to all infinite mission type, and cetus roam.

If someone reaches extraction point it automatically makes them leave the session, and  brings up the forementioned menu to all party members. I doubt it would increase traffic too much, and it would be a rather nice option especially if someone has to leave early.

Edited by Air-mage

That would be a great function, but someone might use the arrive-at-extraction-point-to-bring-up-menu mechanic to troll the team by repeatedly leaving extraction and stepping back, so the menu screen keeps popping up. Maybe instead of the extraction screen we get in Defense and Interception missions, we can have a smaller tab on the side of the screen that you can use other keys to choose whether you want to stay or leave, similar to the vote-kick tab from TF2 (use F1 or F2 keys to select options).

On 2018. 01. 20. at 2:45 PM, Cadrua said:

That would be a great function, but someone might use the arrive-at-extraction-point-to-bring-up-menu mechanic to troll the team by repeatedly leaving extraction and stepping back, so the menu screen keeps popping up. Maybe instead of the extraction screen we get in Defense and Interception missions, we can have a smaller tab on the side of the screen that you can use other keys to choose whether you want to stay or leave, similar to the vote-kick tab from TF2 (use F1 or F2 keys to select options).

i meant to work exactly like defense extraction, so once someone chooses to leave, they leave for good

about the smaller tab, i am not sure if it would fit with game temathics, all options are in the esc menu after all

It would be nice if DE just put a console to activate at the extraction point, and if you do it, you punch out. No bringing up a menu for everyone, just go to the "call dropship" console, and you leave. Might give you an "are you sure?" dialog, but nobody else. You'd have to stay in the mission for at least one cycle (that is, until Extraction becomes available), but then it's entirely up to you. 

And if other people in the team get salty about someone leaving early, well...they shouldn't use public matchmaking.

Edited by Ham_Grenabe