The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

All of a sudden i started getting dramatic FPS drops

StodOne

So this started a few days ago , there was a quick update on warframe , now I am not sure if it was the update on warframe or my driver update that started making the game choppy (AMD - if anyone that is trying to help needs more specific info i will post but I do not think it is relevant because before this the game ran just fine) ..

What I also did was disabled some programs in task manager from starting up , which had nothing to do with warframe also disabled services in system configuration i didnt turn off any vital services that would lead to my game being choppy .

My best guess it that driver update has made the game choppy but it is only choppy for the first 10-20 seconds of the start of a mission and after that it is fine mostly , I tried changing from borderless window to fullscreen but that did nothing it was the same , I was using borderless because I couldn't alt tab when I would tab back into the game the whole thing would freeze and i would need to restart my pc.

Also I am wondering did anyone else that is using AMD started having this issues after the latest driver update?

I get freezes and FPS drops (down to 10, commonly about 15-30 FPS, even whilst idling and looking to the ground. After close and reopen the games-process, it ran just fine - with a NVidia 1070 tho - other specs are fine too, so guess it is not the issure here. It starts by random (sometimes right from the start, other times at a start of a mission..) but it appears that it is staggering, not jumping from 60 down to 10, more like gradually. 

And there are game-freezes as well, which may result in either a freeze or may start the lowering FPS. (assuming that this is the same bug).

Well I guess it is the same bug , it is sort of like those frame drops when you go to plains of eidolon at start , quick freeze and refresh freeze and refresh for like 10 seconds , well thanks for sharing the bug now I know its not only me xD

I run a Nvidia 1080 liquid cooled. I have played this game for the last 3 months or so and historically have averaged around 70-100 FPS with everything on the highest settings. Last Monday, Jan 15th, I logged in and I was dropping to the mid 20s. Then it got worse and was slowing down to 8-9 fps. I got disconnected a couple of times. I have tried all week to get this fixed. Even contacted the geek squad and had them run several tests online. They optimized the computer and said nothing is wrong with the system. 

I've got a i7-4810MQ paired with a GTX880M.  I normally get about 45-60 fps at 2048x1152 with high settings, and a few things turned off like motion blur and physX.  The stuttering drops it down to about 20-30fps for an instant, but only in missions or in corpus.outbreak.  It seems worse with physx enabled, though not as severe in corpus.outbreak, but it happens regardless of graphics settings, everywhere except the orbiter.

Edited by Guest