Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, I Thought You Said You Fixed The Mastery Test-Skipping Bug...

littleal93

Here's my story:

Several weeks back I was on the forums and noticed all the topics saying things like "whoa now, I hit the criteria for the next mastery level and it just skipped my test."  Soon after, it was discovered to be a bug related to the new tutorial.  As I had recently redone the tutorial (which I enjoyed more than the original) when I noticed they added the tab to the profile screen, I was a little worried I'd miss my next mastery test.  Not long after that, DE was like "Oh, yeah, sorry about that.  It's fixed."  Phew, my mastery tests are safe.  So I'm really close to hitting mastery 7, so I slap a few new things on for the double xp weekend, run a few rounds, get my last few thousand points, and miss my mastery test.  I was kinda disappointed because I always enjoyed at least doing the test because it felt like a checkpoint saying "good job, keep going!"  I was also looking forward to doing the crazy wall-running and shooting test, even if I had to fail it a few times.  I don't know if this was just me, or if the bug is back, but that's what happened.

TL;DR - mastery test skipping bug is back, but I don't know if it's just me

Personally, it affected me going from 4 to 5 which was maybe a week ago but my 5-6 was fine even with the tutorial which was just a few days ago so. its not back for me but I would be interested to know if that was just a special safe occurance. I honestly love the mastery tests don't see any reason to skip any of them aslong as you do it right.

A fix isn't "yeah we vanquished that bug TOTALLY, it will never see the light of day". They look for what they think is the cause, try to patch that up. If the problem is fixed, they deploy the update with the fix. Sometimes new things/changes to something totally not related can lead to recurrence of these 'vanquished' bugs. Sometimes fixing bug A causes bug B to recur.

Like Ash's Blade Storm bug.