Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Can't We Be Our Own Host?

W4RM4CHIN3

I'm not an IT expert or anything, but why can't we be our own host when joining someones match. This has got to be one of the worst p2p connections i have ever had to deal with. I was wondering if there was a way to join someones match, but you don't have to depend on the host's internet, instead depend on yours, but still be under the same team. This way you don't have to worry about lag. If so DE should implement something like that, what kills this game is the crappy internet issues. .

Edited by W4RM4CHIN3

You must encounter some poor host. DE doesn't have the money to set up servers for players to be hosted. It relies to the players that host the area. It helps players a lot of they stay in there own region because it will lag them as well as lag others.

If each player host then where does the information goes to? It would need to go to a server and that will fill it up very fast.

I'm not an IT expert or anything, but why can't we be our own host when joining someones match. This has got to be one of the worst p2p connections i have ever had to deal with. I was wondering if there was a way to join someones match, but you don't have to depend on the host's internet, instead depend on yours, but still be under the same team. This way you don't have to worry about lag. If so DE should implement something like that, what kills this game is the crappy internet issues. .

While the network handling in the game is particularly bad (imo), the game doesn't have server support and it's all handled by client hosts. So it is expected, that's how p2p connections work.

If you want to make sure you are the host, be so. Create the lobby yourself... and if you want to go online, just kill it with the ping limiter so you can make sure you don't find any games and you'll be the host.

I was wondering if there was a way to join someones match, but you don't have to depend on the host's internet, instead depend on yours, but still be under the same team.

Yeah....uh....that's not how p2p works, and is pretty much impossible.

Set your ping low in your settings to guarantee better hosts.  Or you could always just solo if it really bothers you that much.