Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gameplay Needs Structure

Numot

As it currently stands we have planet that contain a variety of missions, on maps that are randomly generated. While having random maps, with random spawns is a way of keeping things interesting, it at the same time has lead to a lot of things feeling the same. Once you've played a set of Grineer maps for example, you've played all Grineer planets since the only thing that changes are the spawn rate, levels, and resource drops. Sedna feels the same as Earth, these two planets should be distinguishable on map tiles, and how they play.

Another issue is that there is no flow between missions in a system, it doesn't feel like you've made some sort of progress when you've gone from one map to another, you're just in another mission against a specific faction. I might be going to an asteroid base, then another asteroid base and nothing carries over from each one to the next.

This creates a problem were players outside of clearing the map for fun, to unlock nightmare, or just to get to a specific hotspot, have no reason to go play a random mission because they just like it.

Suggestions:

-Boss maps need to be unique, and probably need to have uniquely designed encounters with non respawning enemies as well. These maps need to be special, and getting to the boss should be as much fun as fighting it. Right now boss levels are loot runs, you run these (save for possibly kril, and vor) for loot and loot alone. Not making these a memorable experience is losing some valuable re-playability.

-Consider having multiple missions in a planet that all take place on the same ship/base, but in different locations. For example 3 consecutive galleon missions that are a spy mission-> deception -> sabotage (because your attempt to reroute the ship was thwarted after your extraction. Have Lotus comment on the prior mission, have extraction be different (escape into another vent), give these missions different tile sets so you actually feel like you're hitting up various parts of the same ship.

-Planets need their own tile sets eventually. If you go a region that's a stronghold, it needs to feel like a stronghold.

-Planets need more enemies unique to their planet.

-Missions closer to the boss of a planet should be more structured, less random, and more unique feeling. There should also be a change as to what is spawning there and how groups are spawned. I do not think that common grunts would be so close to targets of importance.

try realizing this is beta and there is still many things to come

I'm not expecting this to happen over night, I'm doing my part as a tester and giving feedback on what they have so they can improve it moving forward.

"Something is wrong with this game, and here's why I think so"

"OMG ITS BETA THEY WILL FIX IT EVEN IF WE SAY NOTHING"

Oh okay. They just tap into our minds and just know how to fix it. Besides, isn't most of the feature work done in alpha? If features need an overhaul, I think we're going to have to say as much.