The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To "fix" The Rolling Balls Of Death And Stunlock.

The__Q

To fix rollers you need to do three things, Well more like five.

(Long post warning)

1:Fix the stun.

This seems a bit obvious, But it could make them less hated, Increase the spawn rate/increase their health, And make them have only minor stun AKA

Walking: No stun at all/change to be stunned/counter attack upon roller nearing by pushing E.

Sprinting:Fall on your face.

Sliding: Roller is pushed and flies away/roller digs its blades into the ground and prevents you from moving.

This may be too complex but 3 rollers have stunlocked me and raped my face off.

The weapon torid on the other hand, Is a bit overpowered and is like rollers. Used correctly, Can stunlock light/medium enemies. Rollers ( more than one at least )  can stunlock if they work together.

2: Give them an HP buff.

This seems a bit overpowered, But rollers are kinda useless, One hitted by almost EVERYTHING they need an HP buff, Even a fragor that does eights with a splash attack, Can rape a hoard of them easily.

Reasons why: They are small but splash damage is Op to them. Again with torid/ogris, They can kill you, But they are EXTREMELY effective against rollers.

3: Make them bounce off after each attack/something else.

Pretty self explanatory, but rollers can roll through you at this point, And that causes a lot of problems. Make them even explode and they wound be less of a threat, They do add difficulty, But 3 rollers can kill you with any other enemy near, So they are a bit OP at this point, Suggestions:

Explode on latch: Latches and explodes, Removable by rolling, But doesn't explode if you roll it off.

Bounce off on touch: Self explanatory.

ETC: Make them able to jump and that is their attack after the blades/ make them able to be picked up and thrown by other grineer as grenades. 

4: Make slower/more noticeable.

Making them more noticeable makes them:

One: Easier to spot (Hudurr Duhurr)

Two: Easier to kill.

Three: Easier to avoid.

5: Make them immune to stun/able to attack you whilst cloaked.

They use sensors to see, Same with infested, They SMELL YOU, They should be able to detect you whilst cloaked.

So those are my ideas about rollers. TL;DR Make them less stunlocky.

rollers are low in hp due to the fact they stun you, and they are plenty slow as is.

just be happy that nervos are not in game anymore.

best way to get rid of rollers is to have a sent, barring that use a power or get to high ground.

Edited by alchemistjkt

I say they should just give Rollers to Seekers instead of having them as individually spawning enemies. Like, one Roller per Seeker, they'll deploy it when they see you. That decreases their spawn rate and thus reduces chances of getting stunlocked by 3+ Rollers, makes the Seeker more interesting (you can try to shoot the Seeker before he can deploy it), makes Rollers differ from Corpus proxies in that they don't wander/patrol on their own and are more "tools" than proxies, and also fixes stealth (friggin' 360 degree vision), without actually nerfing the Roller and upsetting all the elitists who consider the Roller as the holy grail of challenge.

I say they should just give Rollers to Seekers instead of having them as individually spawning enemies. Like, one Roller per Seeker, they'll deploy it when they see you. That decreases their spawn rate and thus reduces chances of getting stunlocked by 3+ Rollers, makes the Seeker more interesting (you can try to shoot the Seeker before he can deploy it), makes Rollers differ from Corpus proxies in that they don't wander/patrol on their own and are more "tools" than proxies, and also fixes stealth (friggin' 360 degree vision), without actually nerfing the Roller and upsetting all the elitists who consider the Roller as the holy grail of challenge.

Seekers do throw rollers...

And shade doesn't combat rollers very well.

Seekers do throw rollers...

And shade doesn't combat rollers very well.

Uhh, no, no they don't. Seekers deploy LATCHERS, which VISUALLY look like Rollers but have completely different mechanics in that Latchers are tiny balls that will stick to players and explode after a certain time, and you can roll to get them off, as compared to Rollers which are larger balls that are not only fast and hard to hit but can stagger you every time it so much as gently bumps against your ankle, and in sufficient numbers can easily stunlock you.

I say remove their annoying ability to hurt you just by walking into them and maybe give them a charge cycle where they spin in place for a second before performing a Slash-Dash-esque dash attack. It could even knock you off your feet for all I care, but giving it a visual cue would let the player they should roll out of the way of that thing.

How to fix the rollerball problem:

Just stand on a box already.

No really, take a box, stand on it and then laugh at the stupid ball trying to unsuccessfully climb your box. Then you shoot it dead and ignore this whole "problem".

Assuming their is even a tall enough box that the rollers just can't lunge at you, I've tried standing on boxes before. Only to just have the leap up and continue stunlocking the living bejeezus out of me.