Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

American Ninja Warrior

Llyssa

I think Llyssa has a point. Our frames can't do even half the stuff freerunners, climbers, or acrobats can do. Of course, counting only gameplay things, we're still short.

e.g. we can't slide off a ledge into a grab, but they do that on ANW at times. Slide too far? hit a button to quickly whip around and grab a ledge before flying off. We don't have vaulting or forward hand springs (if a waist high box is in front of us, Tenno have to jumpkick to slide over it, but we have to sprint a little first. It would be nice to just press up against it and press a button to vault over it.

Stuff like that. Of course, it would all have to be designed and tested for ease of use and if it fits in the game, but it should be considered, as we may have gotten used to the controls and limitations, but it doesn't have to be the end of everything.

Also, no, Tenno in their current state couldn't win ANW. They have little climbing ability, although they do have the amazing ability to slide down a wall really slowly.

This isn't "off-topic". As gell pointed out--they do a lot of things we have no prayer at.

They go spread-eagle between 2 surfaces to walk/shimmy cross horizontal or vertical distances they could never possibly jump. They can grab hanging ropes and swing, they can climb across upside-down surfaces, they can use repeated grapplings and push-ups to climb places.

We can't do any of the stuff required for that show, and they're real people doing it. I can already think of places that currently exist in-game where it'd be useful, and code-wise, it's actually relatively cakey--we already have most of the stuff in place for it. A few animations, and new rules on how movement surfaces can work, and we're there.

Won't be done over-night, obviously, but I don't like the idea that my fictional over-powered ultimate space ninja isn't as skillful as some dweeby real-life weather guy.

We *can* do a lot, but if they made an identical obstacle course for this game, we couldn't even finish a full 1/3rd of it.