The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where Do I Get Flow?

Nightange1

Question

Hey guys first time posting a thread/comment on the forums so if I am in the wrong forum please direct me to the right one. Anyways I have 120 hours under my belt and yet to see a single "flow" and I am in desperate need of one, but whenever I ask where a good place to find one I am sent on a wild goose chase. I'm told "its on m prime I got 5 of them there" I rush over there and spam it over and over again and well nothing. Then I would be told "its on xini got 2 or so from there" and I do the whole routine again(which btw is pretty dumb flow isnt on any of the defense checkpoint reward tables). So I'm hoping you guys can give me better direction because this is getting tiring and googling for answer isn't going so well.

23 answers to this question

Well, it's hard to give you a 100% reliable mission to farm for them.

I got mine from a drop on Xini, but some players might go to Kappa, some might go to M Prime.

*Edit*
I would recommend Xini. Or, just any mission that will drop a lot of mods.

The more mods that drop, the higher the chance of you getting a Flow mod.

Edited by Nugget_

After playing this game for over 100 hours. I found that there are two mods that you should hope to get them but never to expect them. Those are serration and flow. The idea that they are so random (just like banshee's parts) can drive some people insane. 

The thing is, I don't think there's any mission that specifically has a higher chance to drop Flow than any other.  I've never seen anything to suggest that certain missions have a higher chance to drop certain mods.  The only thing close to that is the defense mission reward table, which doesn't include Flow.

Therefore, the 'best' place to find Flow is probably in a mission that simply drops a ton of mods, to give you the best chance at one of them being Flow.  Such missions would easily be mobile defense missions, like Cyath (Eris), Kappa (Sedna), and Kiste (Ceres).  Again, I suggest these missions only because they tend to drop a large number of mods and not because they have an innate higher chance to drop Flow specifically.

The problem here is that when lacking in an obvious system, and feeling frustrated, the mind latches onto any anecdotal scraps it can to construct something it has an easier time with. Humans don't do well with true random, our minds are built in such a way as to avoid helplessness, to abhor it in our daily lives, and seek ways around it.

So when we're confronted with our own helplessness in a situation like this... we ask, we grasp, and we get nothing out of our grasping at straws unless we're particularly lucky, and may or may not have been luckier if we'd ignored the advice we took.

Just play, farm something actually farmable and wait for RNGesus to bless you.

The problem here is that when lacking in an obvious system, and feeling frustrated, the mind latches onto any anecdotal scraps it can to construct something it has an easier time with. Humans don't do well with true random, our minds are built in such a way as to avoid helplessness, to abhor it in our daily lives, and seek ways around it.

So when we're confronted with our own helplessness in a situation like this... we ask, we grasp, and we get nothing out of our grasping at straws unless we're particularly lucky, and may or may not have been luckier if we'd ignored the advice we took.

Just play, farm something actually farmable and wait for RNGesus to bless you.

See thats the true problem with this game, there is a obvious lack of direction when needed. I have always had the worst of luck with this game when it comes to farming, but most of the time I simply need to farm a specific faction or void etc and I know I am at least in the right spot. As for this I feel completely lost. As for looking at the comments it feels the same compared to what regretfully I was expecting pure chance with no pattern. Though I am curious as to why so many people get good mods from m prime when its the first planet they visit.

See thats the true problem with this game, there is a obvious lack of direction when needed. I have always had the worst of luck with this game when it comes to farming, but most of the time I simply need to farm a specific faction or void etc and I know I am at least in the right spot. As for this I feel completely lost. As for looking at the comments it feels the same compared to what regretfully I was expecting pure chance with no pattern. Though I am curious as to why so many people get good mods from m prime when its the first planet they visit.

Use the wiki and pwnatron's data on the warframe subreddit if you need to find out where to get something or how to, or if it's just pure random and you should move on to farming something else. 

People get good mods from m prime because it's one of the choice farming points for ferrite, a material some bps require in the thousands. So they spend a LOT of time on m prime, and eventually pick it up by random chance.

I'm terrible with tracking mods. I just login and play. Then I'll remember to check my mods one day and I'll notice I have new ones. My goal is to complete all the missions in all the regions. I'm not even sure I'll keep playing once I've done that, I'll feel like I've completed the game. I'm enjoying it though.

I'm terrible with tracking mods. I just login and play. Then I'll remember to check my mods one day and I'll notice I have new ones. 

^ This.  Just yesterday I was thinking to myself, "Man, I still haven't gotten Handspring yet after all this time."  Then I went looking through my Mods and my eyes were drawn to one with a gold outline that said "Handspring" on it.  Oh.  I wonder when I picked that up?