The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Review - Sobek

TheTenno

Question

The best all around shotgun, and I'd say the best primary weapon before you research some dojo weapons.

I modded the Sobek as follows, all max mods or one from the top :

- Flachete

- Point Blank

- Tactical Pump

- Shotgun Ammo Mutation

- Chilling Grasp

- Hell's Chamber

- Accelerated Blast

- Shotgun Spazz / Charged Shell

Truthfully, I've never ran out of ammo with this set up. I've polarized the Hell Chamber mod place, and using Tact Pump it reloads so damn fast compared to any gun. Although it is not as fast as throwing knives, of course.

This gun really rocks - considerably accurate compared to Boar / Strun, high damage, very high Rate of Fire for a shotgun, and works well with Armor Piercing / Hell's Chamber.

I'm sticking to this gun for a long time. Thanks for this great weapon, DE.

11 answers to this question

You better not be saying Hek is flat-out better. They're both on the same level, IMO. Hek is burst DPS and Sobek is sustained. But they're both better than Strun and Boar IMO.

I'm not. I'm merely pointing out how not everyone will agree that Sobek is the best shotgun.

The Sobek has the second best raw DPS of any weapon in the game with the right build. It also trumps the Hek in burst DPS as well.

Seriously, the Hek isn't even in the top 10 in terms of DPS or Burst DPS. Its days have passed. There are much better options now.

The Sobek has the second best raw DPS of any weapon in the game with the right build. It also trumps the Hek in burst DPS as well.

Seriously, the Hek isn't even in the top 10 in terms of DPS or Burst DPS. Its days have passed. There are much better options now.

Armor scaling says Hello.

Anyway, Sobek is an excellent gun... as much as Hek in their respective department (sustained and burst DPS)

edit: @OP: where is Blaze? :)

Edited by Phoenix86

Yes, your sniper shotgun with damage falloff. It's awesome, but don't pretend it can do things it can't.

Like killing things in one blast at Braton range? It does that actually. Quite well. Edited by Brimir

The Boar used to be my favorite shotty, until the Sobek got buffed - I put in 5 forma in it for a loadout to take on anything, particuarly shines in boss-killing, it even does great even in T3 void defense.

V - Hell's Chamber max (8)

V - Point Blank max (5)

V - Accelerated Blast max (5)

-- - Flechette max (5)

-- - Charged Shell or Incendiary Coat max (6)

Blaze max (9)

Shotgun Spazz max (9)

Chilling Grasp max (9)

total mod points: 56

There's also enough wiggle room in this build to include Seeking Force in a vs. Infested specialty thing.

No Tactical Pump for me, because I've learned to control my trigger finger and to use cover when reloading.

The Boar used to be my favorite shotty, until the Sobek got buffed - I put in 5 forma in it for a loadout to take on anything, particuarly shines in boss-killing, it even does great even in T3 void defense.

V - Hell's Chamber max (8)

V - Point Blank max (5)

V - Accelerated Blast max (5)

-- - Flechette max (5)

-- - Charged Shell or Incendiary Coat max (6)

Blaze max (9)

Shotgun Spazz max (9)

Chilling Grasp max (9)

total mod points: 56

There's also enough wiggle room in this build to include Seeking Force in a vs. Infested specialty thing.

No Tactical Pump for me, because I've learned to control my trigger finger and to use cover when reloading.

Gonna try this loadout soon! Thanks for the suggestion, my friend, but really, put Tactical Pump. It helps a lot. Probably switch Charged Shell / Incendiary Coat for Tact Pump. Put the fire / electric mod in your sentinels.