Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea For A Clearly Gimmicky Warframe (That Is Probably Terrible)

Sasquatchias

So recently (sometime around 3-4 a.m.) I had an idea for a gimmicky Warframe, and felt the need to share it, as otherwise it would just sit in my head all day. So my idea for a Warframe is one that has it's abilities directly influencing each other.

So the basic concept is that this Warframe is a bruiser, somewhere beneath Frost and Rhino while being above the other Warframes. However I do not have a good concept of stat balance and stuff relating to it, so you can imagine those up yourself. I'll try to explain as best I can, to give as clear a picture as I can.

Also I can't think of a good name or design, plus I can't draw for my life, so feel free to imagine it looking the way you want it to. And with that lets go to the abilities.

1st: Charge.

Its basically just a charge like Rhino's/Excalibur's, but with a twist when using his other abilities.

Using Charge while Shield is active will have enemies you hit be caught on your shield and pushed in the direction you are charging.

Using Charge while Lance is active will cause you to charge forward with the Lance pointing forward, dealing additional damage.

Using Charge while both are active will have you push enemies you hit, only at the end you do an additional sweep attack.

2nd Ability: Shield.

Its a shield ability that forms around the front of the Warframe slightly angled so that the gun you are using looks as though it has a clear view, but still covering most, if not all of your front. When crouching the shield will move straight in front of you until you un-crouch. While active the shield absorbs a certain percentage of all damage you take coming from your front, with the percentage based upon what rank/tier the skill is. While active the shield also decreases your movement speed by a certain percentage. This percentage does not change.

The ability is on a timer, which will extend along with the amount of damage that can be absorbed when you upgrade the ability.

Using this while Lance is active: The shield absorbs a little less damage, and you still have the lowered movement speed.

Using Charge while this is active: Enemies you hit will be caught on the shield and pushed in the direction you are charging, and will suffer knockback.

3rd Ability: Lance.

An energy lance forms around your gun arm (or at least one of them), with the length being around the length of your character holding the Skana with the tip facing straight forward. While this is active your melee attacks are changed, with regular attacks being thrusts and your charge attack being a sweep in front of you that can hit multiple enemies. Enemies hit by the sweep will stagger. Using the right mouse button (or whatever you use to fire) will fire an energy bolt that does a fair amount of damage based on the rank/tier of this ability.

The ability is on a timer, which will extend along with the damage done by your melee attacks and the energy bolts when you upgrade this ability.

Also I was thinking that maybe the ability could be prematurely ended by firing a certain amount of bolts (like rank/tier 1 will shoot five bolts before ending early, rank/tier 2 could shoot 7 before ending early), and that the amount of bolts you can shoot before it ends the ability could be increased with each rank/tier.

Using this while Shield is active decreases your attack power by a certain amount, and you still have the lowered movement speed.

Using Charge while this is active will cause you to charge with the Lance pointing forward, dealing additional damage.

4th Ability: Something that implies it helps allies and itself.

The Warframe creates a huge energy circle or something around him, which buffs allies depending on which ability (or abilities) are being used.

Without anything being used: Allies and you gain a defense and attack buff until the time on this ability runs out.

With Shield only: Allies and you gain a bigger defense buff until the time runs out.

With Lance only: Allies and you gain a bigger attack buff until the time runs out.

With both activated: Allies and you gain both an attack and defense buff that is bigger than what you'd gain without these abilities being active, but smaller than the one ability (You gain less defense than what you would've gotten with only the shield active, same with the attack buff and the Lance.)

So let me know what you think, point out whats wrong/right, and try to be polite about it please. Also sorry if this doesn't make any sense, I'm running on sugar over here and might crash soon.